Reoccurring 1911 Dream

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I keep having this reoccurring dream that I am in a situation where I need to defend my wife. I pull my compact 1911 from my holster and forget to disengage the safety. I carry a 3 inch Kimber Tactical carry. Do you think I should write it off as a superfluous dream or a subconscious indication that I am not training enough. I know I am not training adequately. I don't know how anyone living in New Orleans could train adequately. I used to live in a rural area in Florida where I could train in my buddies back yard practicing tactical shooting, unholstering, moving etc. Now I go to a range and can't even unholster my weapon and shoot.

I am literally considering dropping the 1911's for a pull and shoot type of weapon system. Example Glock, sig p250, XD, revolver, etc

I also need a training regiment or something because I feel like I shouldn't be carrying when I have almost no time to go practice. I am pressed for time and I know most people who say they are pressed for time can spare a few hours everyday. I am not one of those people. I am a medical student who is putting in insane hours. I need a training regiment that can be implemented with my 15 hour workdays during the week. Maybe something I could do for around 2 and 1/2 hrs on the weekend. Also money is a factor. Being a student.

I understand this might be an unsolvable problem so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    you can practice drawing from holster and working safety/trigger w/o going to the range. Safe dry-fire practice. You could also invest in a 1911 Airsoft replica, if legal to shoot where you are.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Getting used to my new level III holster I needed/neeed to practice. What I do is unload to weapon, double check it is unloaded, triple check it, and practice in the morning and evening in my living room for a few minutes each day.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Your dream is obviously a subconscience oppression of repressed feelings of inadaquatiousness that, if not addressed immediately, could do irreparable harm to your delicate, sleep deprived mental state. The only hope I see is to sell that Kimber to me and buy a Raven .25 or RG-23. No time to waste! PM me with directions of where to pick up the Kimber.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom