Medical Doc's for socialized medicine?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I figure if anybody has heard, it'd be our medical people here.

Are there any physicians or medical staff that have written articles supporting the national health plan? I doubt very seriously anything would change my mind but I'm kind of curious to hear how a Democratic doc spins it.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The AMA has dwindled because of repeated leftist positions by its leaders. 40 years ago, over 90% of American MD's belonged; now, its something like 19%.
    Very few practicing physicians favor socialized medicine and those who do are leftist ideologues like Obama.
    Google "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons"; that's where many of us are now.
    We have quite a few idiot-doctors, too. Education doesn't cure stupidity, just ignorance.
    leVieux

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've retracted my membership in AMA due to their recent stance.

The AMA does NOT speak for the vast majority of Physicians. With any luck, they'll meet the same result as the AARP... (60,000 less members)

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Thanks leVieux!

On one hand, I'd like people who can't afford insurance to get decent health care. T&TGunFinishing is a prime example, what's going to happen to his insurance after losing his job, not affording it, 30 years old with a bypass.... That isn't right.

But the way they're going about it, I know isn't a good solution either. Knowing most medical professionals aren't on board with this (and not just because of the money) makes the decision a whole lot easier if I ever have to vote on it.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Recent ? You've got to be kidding, right ?
    leVieux, MD

They have a medical student branch, so a large number of us signed up to pad our resume's with semi-worthless "leadership positions." My roommate's the so-called President, and he hasn't done a single thing regarding the organization.

So, I guess you could say that I'm both a recent enrollee, and a recent departee. I never sent them any money, and don't plan on it.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Thanks leVieux!

On one hand, I'd like people who can't afford insurance to get decent health care. T&TGunFinishing is a prime example, what's going to happen to his insurance after losing his job, not affording it, 30 years old with a bypass.... That isn't right.

But the way they're going about it, I know isn't a good solution either. Knowing most medical professionals aren't on board with this (and not just because of the money) makes the decision a whole lot easier if I ever have to vote on it.

That is why we need portability in the system. You personally own the policy much like life insurance.

HIPAA or the "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act" had two parts. The first was to address the portability of health insurance, but it does not actually do enough. The second part, and the most recognizable is the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!, don't talk about patient info in the open or we could be fined up to $250K. WTF! The second part over-protects and the first part under-protects. By adding to the first part of HIPAA, we could get meaningful reform in terms of portability.

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I'm gonna go ahead and come out with the solution. It's better for the country if we can get this moving. ABM (A BS'er) and I have been discussing this and I think it would work, we just need a few ballsy doctors.

Phase 1.

Doctors form 4 or 5 member partnerships General practicioner or two, perhaps an ENT, OBGYN, Surgeon or Orthopedic doc.

Phase 2.
    Partnership opens a healthcare "country club" Charge $100 per month membership per individual, $150-$200 per family. Memberships are limited to 1500 patients in order to keep physician accessibility. In exchange for their "membership fees" A physician is accessible directly to the patients (by phone, or at the "clubhouse", hence limited available "memberships"). The "club" handles as much as is medically possible in the small setting, holds "surgery days" and offers a comfortable atmosphere to meet with your doctor in. Also sells prescription drugs at cost through the club. Doctor hangs out in the "waiting room" as much as is possible, only bringing people into the office or examining room as needed.

Phase 3. Patients carry "major Medical" insurance to cover catastrophic events.

Benefits of this plan include.

1. reduced healthcare cost. My family of 3 would be completely covered for 400-450/month versus the current $700
    2. Improved doctor patient relationship.
    3. more rewarding, less stressful environment for doctors, better morale
    4. more rewarding, less stressful environment for patients
    5. improved value for dollars spent toward "insurance"
    6. improved income for doctors.

This is the plan, I hope it gets used.

Brandon

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    yes, there are doctors who support obamacare. many of these go as far as believing doctors should not even be allowed to make a proffit. If I recall correctly obama's surgeon general nominee is one of these radicals. these doctors are few and far between though, and it is that way for a very good reason, obamacare does not work!

[YOUTUBE]37qSJIkwTRs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KXKkycw6r7o[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.pnhp.org/

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am a medical student and I would say everyone in my class recognizes that change is necessary with the current/ever rising cost of medicine. With that clarified in my class the I's and nays are split pretty much right down the middle. I am personally against socialized medicine but I do recognize we need change. I also believe that allowing the government to take over medicine would be the worst choice possible. The efficacy of the government has been proven in every aspect lacking. Efficiency is derived from free market with the appropriate government oversight. With the aging population and the staggering number of health problems arising from the ever growing obese population the government (us as taxpayers) can't afford the improper allocation and distribution of funds that the politicians (who no nothing about medicine) would undoubtedly bring to the table. I personally believe health care needs to be shifted towards preventative medicine with an emphasis on weight control. There needs to be more government funding encouraging medical students to go into primary care and catch manageable problems (ex: diabetes) before they cost us a fortune (ex: kidney disease secondary to type II diabetes improperly managed). I honestly believe that foreign dependance on oil/healthcare are the most important issues currently and we need to address them NOW.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Don't even get me started on this ridiculous crap. Hell, they can't even manage FEMA much less attempting to control the medical/health care of this country. I've worked WAY to hard over the last 13 years to get where I am at now. It is not my fault there are other people who are not willing to make the sacrifices and put in the hard work (and this goes for everyone who worked hard to get where they are at, not just medical field people) so I think it is a load of crapola.

I always have the option to move to South America before this gets even more out of hand...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom