Question for the shotgun experts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ok I have a Rem 11-87 special purpose shotgun 2 3/4 and 3" chamber, I have shot high brass shells in it but will it cycle with low brass shells also? Any help would be appreciated.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    it should with no problems, as they have a self-regulating gas system. I know my brothers old one had no problems with any shells he ran through it. if you are keeping this one for a while, get a spare extractor/spring/plunger, as they just "disappear" after a while, especially if it is a used gun that you are not sure of the # of rounds fired.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Lloyd had to open up the gas ports on mine to cycle low dram shells reliably,and shoot a good shell, Winchester AA super sport you should be fine

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys for the info. The only reason I am curious is because I was going to bring it with me next weekend for dove hunting. It is going to be my "back up" gun to my ole trusty 870. I will still bring it with me and give it a try. If it doesn't work reliably I not goinig to mess with it. I use it for squirrel season and turkey hunting.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't there a different gas valve for or different way of installing the valve ? Go to the Remington website, seems I saw somethig there in the "Manual" section.
    But.....I could be wrong. First time for everything.

Top Bottom