Looking for a place to camp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    I'm looking for a place to camp towards the end of this month. I don't want to drive more then about 2 hours one way.......any ideas? I will be tent camping with a few friends and maybe do a little fishing. I found lake chicot state park which is about 2 and a half hours away. Any other ideas?

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    There is a place in mississippi with a small waterfall. Beautiful spot. Cant' remember the name though.

We also used to go to a little place called "aufords pond" I don't know if that place is still there, we haven't been in 20 years.

If you'd extend your range you'd open up the possibilites a bit. The Natchez Trace has some nice camping areas. As does Kisatchie National forest.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Lake Fausse Point is about an hour and a 1/2 from you and theres good fishing all around there. We are going there in a couple of weeks.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Lake Fausse Point is about an hour and a 1/2 from you and theres good fishing all around there. We are going there in a couple of weeks.

Bring the Deep Woods OFF, Avon SSS, and anything else you can get your hands on to keep those skeeters off of you, they are bad down there.

mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    Great place though.

LOL, I commented on his choice but he removed his post while I was posting. :rofl:

Art

My dad was logged in and I posted under his name:D opps.
    I was posting about lake ouachita state park but it is just too far to drive for a long weekend but I would have been able to do some scuba diving in lake ouachita.

I'm trying to make this a cheap trip. I'm trying not to buy a fishing license from another state too.
    Lake fausse point is about 2 and a half hours acording to google but that could be wrong.

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    All good suggestions. We camped @ Riverside during Easter. Very beautiful place. Not much by way of fishing unless you have a boat. Same for Tickfaw. I want to camp at Lake Fausse but I think the only tent camping they requires you to canoe across the lake/river to an island.

Last edited:

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    All good suggestions. We camped @ Riverside during Easter. Very beautiful place. Not much by way of fishing unless you have a boat. Same for Tickfaw. I want to camp at Lake Fausse but I think the only tent camping they requires you to canoe across the lake/river to an island.

Thats only a few sites. Thats why I like F.P so much, they have pads for tents behind the R.V sites. That way you have elec. and water. We went look at Tickfaw but their tent sites have no power or water. I didnt see anyone with a tent at the rv section.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    My dad was logged in and I posted under his name:D opps.
    I was posting about lake ouachita state park but it is just too far to drive for a long weekend but I would have been able to do some scuba diving in lake ouachita.

I'm trying to make this a cheap trip. I'm trying not to buy a fishing license from another state too.
    Lake fausse point is about 2 and a half hours acording to google but that could be wrong.

I was wondering what happened. :rofl:
    We use to go to Lake Ouachita quite a bit. They had some great places to camp, especially if you had a boat.

Art

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thats only a few sites. Thats why I like F.P so much, they have pads for tents behind the R.V sites. That way you have elec. and water. We went look at Tickfaw but their tent sites have no power or water. I didnt see anyone with a tent at the rv section.

We've used tents in the RV site. Don't sweat it.

mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    I was wondering what happened. :rofl:
    We use to go to Lake Ouachita quite a bit. They had some great places to camp, especially if you had a boat.

Art

Between the scuba diving and camping on the islands in the lake I might just have to take a few more days off.

Tickfaw state park is about 10mins. from my house......it is a very nice place!

We camped at grayton beach state park in destin,fl a few weeks ago but it was a little warm. It was a quite place....people followed the rules just a little warm for this time of the year though.

Top Bottom