Glock Korean Mags

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Has anyone tried out the Glock "made in Korea" mags?

I was just wondering how they work.....at half the price of Glock mags, if they work good they could save some money.

apdanos

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Cut Off, LA
    picked up 3 from sportsmansguide.com. All three have failed to lock the slide back after last round. On occasion, when inserting a mag with the slide locked back the slide cycles without releasing the slide lock or manually manuevering the slide.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I like the Khan G18 mags. Great range mags. I don't know whether or not they'd poop out, but I've got enough oem Glock mags for carry and whatever. Bought a case of these things :D Probably should sell some of them.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I bought 1 Korean mag from Dillon to try them out and it works great for the limited rounds I put through it. Don't confuse these mags with the Scheere mags. I have 2 of these and they are junk. Never worked in any gun I put them in. The Korean mags look to be wll made. I want to see if someone else has put some of these through some kind of test.

Beauxdog :)

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I bought 1 Korean mag from Dillon to try them out and it works great for the limited rounds I put through it. Don't confuse these mags with the Scheere mags. I have 2 of these and they are junk. Never worked in any gun I put them in. The Korean mags look to be wll made. I want to see if someone else has put some of these through some kind of test.

Beauxdog :)

That's correct, apdanos is the first person I have ever read to say they experienced problems with the actual Korean Military magazines. I have 4 of them and have taken them apart and compared with magnification. I am not the only one who finds them equal or better quality than OEM Glock mags. I would recommend making sure they are actually Korean Military mags. I've run a lot more rounds through them than the OEMs for my 26 and not had on failure at all. When I ordered teh 33rnd mag I asked about the Scheere and he said "well, we're out of those right now but to be honest every one I've ever sold has been sent back and then we send them back. They are garbage."

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have two. I brought them to the IDPA match last weekend and after putting about 5 rounds in one the follower wouldn't move properly so I unloaded them and used my factory mags. I'll try them one day at the range.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have two. I brought them to the IDPA match last weekend and after putting about 5 rounds in one the follower wouldn't move properly so I unloaded them and used my factory mags. I'll try them one day at the range.

I am wondering if some retailers are being less than truthful about the origin of their magazines.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    these have the same dots on the side by the feed lips.

i even changed the basepads as that's the only real issues i've heard of with them.

Now that's interesting, I'd never completely noticed of the two I have here only one has the dots. The others I bought are at my moms, I'll have to look at those one day. Either way I've had no problem out of either of these or the others. They both have KCI on the bottom.

Top Bottom