Mini-14 Tactical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    446L.jpg

My friend just bought one of these friday. We went to sherburn to try it out. I was really impressed with this gun. Recoil was very, very light. Accuracy was good, and will only get better once we get used to the gun. I was thinking about getting an AR, but I am going to fire this a few more times and might consider getting this first instead. Has all the rails to mount whatever you want. Self cleaning gas piston system, which I really like. Good price as well, 650ish. You should really check one out.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey look it's just like an AR minus the reliability, accuracy, cheap readily available magazines and properly placed optics rail...and this can all be yours for the same price as a comparable AR! I'll take 10!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    A mangled mess of plastic.:eek3:

Looks like someone tried to jam 4 guns into one.

:)

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    They are neat little rifles, I just wouldn't dress up a ranch rifle, call it a tactical rifle and expect it to perform as such.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    It's like dating a fat chick.

It can be lots of fun and satisfying as long as nobody sees you.

I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pay the ticket. Sorry I had a flash back to the Off Topic Discussion Room.

As to the rifle, I don't care for it.

Dave

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I'd still have my old Mini 14 (kept the 30) if it would have held zero after the barrel heated up. With the price Ruger has on the gun or what they are selling for, I'll keep the AR for 223s.

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Purchased a Mini-14 not long after Katrina. First couple times that I took it out, I was very, very disappointed in the accuracy and in the way it wanted to throw the spent brass 50'. It sat in my safe for a couple years. Then I decided to do something with it. Mounted it in the tactical stock and changed the gas bushing. The lock-up now in this tactical stock is super tight! These modifications made a world of difference in this rifle's performance. Still does not shoot as good as any of my ARs, but it is acceptable for a good SHTF weapon.

Black003.jpg

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This new model accuracy was not bad. I have read it is MUCH improved over the past models. I also have read that it is extremely reliable. I have not read one report about jamming, misfiring, etc. When I purchase things, I always make sure its something I would feel comfortable with in a SHTF type of moment. I want to shoot it more to get used to it, however I am really impressed with it thus far. Acceptable accuracy and with very good durability sounds good to me. For long range I will have a bolt action to take care of those.

Top Bottom