Glock 17 or 19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Soon to buy a Glock. I own an XD, CZ, and other weapons so this question only applies to Glock 17 or 19's only. If you were gonna buy one of the two which one and why?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Soon to buy a Glock. I own an XD, CZ, and other weapons so this question only applies to Glock 17 or 19's only. If you were gonna buy one of the two which one and why?

we need to hit up precision one of these days and I'll bring both for you to try out and you can decide which you like better.

And Pangris, the 19 will hold those 2 "extra" rounds, just the mag won't be flush :p

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    we need to hit up precision one of these days and I'll bring both for you to try out and you can decide which you like better.

And Pangris, the 19 will hold those 2 "extra" rounds, just the mag won't be flush :p

Sounds good to me. When you get some time give me a call I'm game. I did read on the Glock Forum the 19 will shoot 17 mags. :)

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Hold both of them, that might help. That made the decision for me, I don't really find full-size Glocks comfortable, but the compacts and subcompacts feel fine.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    whereas I'm the opposite. i only find the full-size comfortable, especially when referring to the 3rd gem frames.

the question is, why are you buying a Glock and what are you going to do with it? I have one mainly because the XD doesn't come in 10mm. don't get me wrong, I think they are both fine weapons but let's face it, we're all different. I find the XD offers a more intuitive grip angle for me, the shooter. if you like the feel and grip angle of the XD you may not like either one of the two you're looking at.

good luck with your decision.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Sounds good to me. When you get some time give me a call I'm game. I did read on the Glock Forum the 19 will shoot 17 mags. :)

It will and they are both great, it's just you personal choice...

I've got one of each (older 2nd generation). If you wanna shoot them and see, just give me a shout and bring your own ammo!

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    No one mentioned offering up to shoot the sub-compact Glock 26 which is a 9mm. I have one with a Crimson Trace mounted.

I also have the sub-com Glock 27, and a G22 (full size) both in .40 with Crimson Trace's mounted on each and a wrist rocket but it doesn't have any sights.

Like Nick, I'd be willing to meet up at Precision one of these days if any of you want to see how these things shoot-with your own ammo of course.

I like my Glocks.

Dirty

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I'm not keen on the 19's grip. I don't have big hands or anything but the grip is just too tight. The 17 and 26 are much more comfortable.

If it's for shooting, get a 17. Concealed, 26.

But it's whatever you're comfortable with.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm not keen on the 19's grip. I don't have big hands or anything but the grip is just too tight. The 17 and 26 are much more comfortable.

If it's for shooting, get a 17. Concealed, 26.

But it's whatever you're comfortable with.

Shoot both then decide, some do have an issue with the finger spacing on the G19.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    19. It does everything the 17 does except hold those two extra rounds - but it is that much easier to conceal. For me, it carries like a compact but shoots like a full size gun.

I've shot the 17, 19, 34 great length both casually and in training, and the 26 a good bit - and my take is simple. The 19 is the best of the breed on balance.

Glock 19 for the same reason.

Glocks suck! :mad:

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Buy a Walther P99 and get the best of both. A little bigger than the 19, a little smaller than the 17. Great grip ergonomics, which Walther is known for. It hides almost like a 19 without cramping your fingers in the grip. Also get the AS trigger and reduce the probability of negligent discharge, plus improved accuracy on follow up shots. IMHO

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've got a G19 and lovin it! Perfect size,long enough for the range and short enough to conceal. I think the 19 points better than the 17,or it could just be me. Whatever...I like the G19. So,there you go.

Top Bottom