FS: Winchester Model 1200 shotgun **SPF**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Winchester Model 1200 shotgun 2-3/4 chamber. Good working condition. Could use a cleaning.

$125

1200.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    I see Buck8Point beat me to it.

I have one of these and it's been a good gun. The only problem is the nut that holds the barrel loop to the ammo tube has a small spring that keeps it from loosening. That spring is almost impossible to keep in the little hole while tightening the nut back down if you pull the barrel off for cleaning. (Easier to clean the receiver this way). What I've done is make one wrap of teflon tape on the threads and do without the keeper spring. The nut hasn't loosened on its own since.

Its a good 12ga, you'll like it. It just can't handle anything but 2 3/4 shells.

Shane

Last edited:

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    I see Buck8Point beat me to it.

I have one of these and it's been a good gun. The only problem is the nut that holds the barrel loop to the ammo tube has a small spring that keeps it from loosening. That spring is almost impossible to keep in the little hole while tightening the nut back down if you pull the barrel off for cleaning. (Easier to clean the receiver this way). What I've done is make one wrap of teflon tape on the threads and do without the keeper spring. The nut hasn't loosened on its own since.

Its a good 12ga, you'll like it.

Shane

I think that spring your talking about should have a tiny ball bearing on top of it thats held in place by a ring, so that the ball bearing clicks in the notches of the cap and keeps it from loosening.

Buck8Point

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    I think that spring your talking about should have a tiny ball bearing on top of it thats held in place by a ring, so that the ball bearing clicks in the notches of the cap and keeps it from loosening.

Buck8Point

I didn't realize that. Mine must have lost the ring and ball bearing a long time ago. :) Thanks for the info.

Shane

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    I didn't realize that. Mine must have lost the ring and ball bearing a long time ago. :) Thanks for the info.

Shane

No problem..
    Just happens I know that particular model inside and out.
    I hunted with one just like it from the time I first picked up a shotgun as a kid until I was a grown man. The gun was for an uncle of mine that died, and I gave it to his grandson years later, but I have missed it ever since.
    Buck8Point

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    No problem..
    Just happens I know that particular model inside and out.
    I hunted with one just like it from the time I first picked up a shotgun as a kid until I was a grown man. The gun was for an uncle of mine that died, and I gave it to his grandson years later, but I have missed it ever since.
    Buck8Point

The one I have is the first shotgun I personally owned, as it was given to me by my grandfather when I was in my late teens and I'm 44 now.

You know, I ordered the spring a couple of years ago from Numrich and now that I think about it, I think it also had the ball bearing with it, but I don't remember a retainer clip. I tried to hold down the ball and spring while screwing the cap on and finally gave up in frustration. That's when I turned to a wrap of teflon tape on the threads. It works fine if you ever lose the retainer clip.

Have fun shooting it. :)

Shane

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom