50 cals welcome at ur range??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Because most ranges suck!!!! On top of the complaint about the berm they may also **** off the guy on the side of you because of the noise or when your muzzle blast wipes his table clean. I wish more ranges had balls. The only one I know about is Sherburne WMA.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    A buddy of mine punched through the burm at the range in Lake Charles with his.
    The range is responsible for what happens after that bullet leaves the range.

Art

Last edited:

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My range not only allows .50s, it has a 1000yd range to shoot them on, and allows machine guns and tannerite.

LRA is so freaking awesome.

Got to get more info on your range. I would love to be able to do shooting those distances. I've only shot mine a few times at Sherburne, but if there are other people there, they usually don't appreciate the noise and muzzle blast. I usually try to go just after hunting season as there will be less people there.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Got to get more info on your range. I would love to be able to do shooting those distances. I've only shot mine a few times at Sherburne, but if there are other people there, they usually don't appreciate the noise and muzzle blast. I usually try to go just after hunting season as there will be less people there.

You are welcome to be my guest there anytime.

As to the 1000yd range- for liability reasons, we do ask shooters to show some sort of proof of competency at those ranges before letting fly. That is to say, some sort of NRA Long Range certificate or something along those lines. We periodically hold certification ourselves, also, if you would be interested in some more training in shooting long distances.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    That's fine. You'll never hear anyone up here bitching that the CLEO wouldn't sign their Class III forms, and I don't know of anyone getting arrested for open carry, etc. Y'all keep your crooked selves down in the swamps. :mamoru:

Speakin' of crooked selves, is ol' Cedric Glover still trying to grab peoples guns and generally making an a$$ of himself? :confused: :D

Art

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    You are welcome to be my guest there anytime.

As to the 1000yd range- for liability reasons, we do ask shooters to show some sort of proof of competency at those ranges before letting fly. That is to say, some sort of NRA Long Range certificate or something along those lines. We periodically hold certification ourselves, also, if you would be interested in some more training in shooting long distances.

how far of a drive is the range from Lafayette?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom