WTB odd gauge shotguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    I'm attempting to collect shotguns in each of the various gauges. I was wondering if anyone had an old 28 gauge gun they wanted to sell? Or maybe a 16 gauge? Or a 10 ga? These seem to be the harder ones to find. I can't afford the prices of the collector guns. I just want decent shooters--pumps or semi-autos, preferably, but I may consider bolts or crack-barrels.

Shane

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    btt for one last try.

I found a maker with affordable SxS shotguns. They have a field model in 28 gauge and one in 16 gauge:

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_uplander.php

I see several dealers in my area. I may just buy one new, as the prices are low.

Shane

PS: I've been reading about the Stoegers and they appear to be low quality guns, so maybe I won't get one. That means I'm still looking for a used 28, 16, or 10 gauge. Even an ancient 8 or 4 gauge from last century. ;)

Last edited:

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    Thanks for the info, everyone. :)

If anyone needs 28 gauge or 16 gauge shells, I've seen some at a couple different Walmarts. The one on O'Neal in Baton Rouge has 28 gauge low and high brass, with the high brass actually being cheaper ($10 a box). The Walmart in Hammond has the same in 28 and also carries 16 gauge shells in at least low brass. I didn't get a close look at the second type of 16 gauge shells they had.

Shane

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom