La CHP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    How long is a CHP good for? I have had mine about a year now. I assume it has an expiration date on it but I am at work and mine is at home in a drawer.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ok then it must be 4 years thanks... I only carry the CHP if I carry a gun and I can't bring a gun to work so no need for the CHP.

You can't even have it in your POV? It seems that the LA AG made clear last week that employers couldn't stipulate what's in your vehicle. I'd be afraid I'd forget it when I carried if I didn't have in on me all the time. Why not just leave it in your wallet? I don't fish everyday but I always have my fishing license on me.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    You can't even have it in your POV? It seems that the LA AG made clear last week that employers couldn't stipulate what's in your vehicle. I'd be afraid I'd forget it when I carried if I didn't have in on me all the time. Why not just leave it in your wallet? I don't fish everyday but I always have my fishing license on me.

That's a good point about the permit. I very rarely carry it any way. I can't even remember the last time I did... As far as work the security guys with the big black guns might mind if I brought a weapon on site. I think federal laws we have to operate under trump any La laws.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    That's a good point about the permit. I very rarely carry it any way. I can't even remember the last time I did... As far as work the security guys with the big black guns might mind if I brought a weapon on site. I think federal laws we have to operate under trump any La laws.

Not according to that thread someone posted with the opinion of the AG.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    If River Bend (which is regulated by the NRC, IIRC) is considered a federal installation, then a state's AG opinion don't mean squat.

Its just like a federal court house; even cops cannot carry in there.

Of course, you have the Federal Protective Service po-lice guarding you. Drive around the block there (at the court house), peruse the fine specimens wearing that uniform, and feel secure...

I'm sure it's against company policy to carry on site at all. The company can still dictate carry or not on it's premises regardless.

River Bend isn't a federal installation. It's a private company, but the NRC can regulate what goes in the protected area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom