I got robbed. Gun stolen.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Someone broke into my apartment on Brightside View in Baton Rouge last night. I was at a wedding rehearsal dinner for a friends wedding when my roommate called and told me someone broke in. They kicked the door in, split the casing, door frame, sheared the lock on the doorknob, and split the door itself . The stole my laptop and my roommates laptop. My pistol was also stolen out of my room. Please keep an eye out as it is not a common weapon to find. The gun is an Interarms Star Model 30. 9mm. Serial number 1839237. The gun is all black and had an extra 15rd silver mag for it that was also stolen. The gun was loaded with Winchester Rangers. The gun is a spanish military and police pistol. These are some sample pictures.
    m30m.jpg

check this link out for more sample photos
    http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/mod30.htm

please notify me if anyone sees one of these or hears of someone talking about one. they arent common.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That was probably someone that knew you or heard about you.

I'm sorry it happened, I hope the weapon is found with all of its ammo.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    ouch, that sucks. Glad you are a responsible gun owner who knows his weapons serial #'s, much better chance of locating it that way. I'm betting it turns up either at a pawn shop or down in Gardere somewhere.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    That was probably someone that knew you or heard about you.

I'm sorry it happened, I hope the weapon is found with all of its ammo.

i thought that. but i dont think its someone i know, i think its someone that knows someone i know. whoever it was knew no one was home and went in then. i dont know how they knew about me.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I don't know where your gun was, but no one kicks in a door & takes their time while they are there.

I sent a link to this post to one of my friends who owns a pawn shop.

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    I've been there, too. But I did have some of my firearms recovered. It took a while but one was recovered at a pawn shop and my AR was found during a routine traffic stop, 30 round clip ready to go.

I do hope you're able to get your weapon and laptops back.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    thanks man. i had it in the headboard on my bed where i could get to it easily. i think the thief saw my empty gun case in my closet and then started looking for a gun.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    That sucks.

Would we expect him to go through your favorites and find this website?

Maybe a post on the homepage reporting the stolen firearm in case he happens to visit the site plus it makes everyone aware of the stolen firearm?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    sounds good to me. the laptop is password protected and was in hibernate mode so when whoever wakes it up they will have to know the password to unlock it. unless they reformat the whole harddrive the comp is useless. the bad thing is the laptop was less than a year old and all my school work is on it.

yes nick, im andrew. who are you

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    that pw is easy to hack.. for the most i can by pass there pw with the push of 1 button and the click of a mouse, delete their user account pw and log into the system normally.

as far as reformating there is a few programs on the net that can read old data in the disk clusters. if you have hdd to destroy take them on a fishing trip in the gulf, or smelt them at a foundry.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I read somewhere that with newer laptops there was a way for the factory to track it down by the mac address on the wireless card... All you needed was the serial number. I could be wrong though.

As far as getting rid of hard drives, I'd be a .308 would do it...

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    as far as reformating there is a few programs on the net that can read old data in the disk clusters. if you have hdd to destroy take them on a fishing trip in the gulf, or smelt them at a foundry.

Don't want to hijack, but, my cousin in the Bureau told me of how his team was able to put an AQ money laundering cell in Dallas away to GITMO by taking the splintered shards of a HDD and reading the data on them. Some were barely 1/4" in size!:eek3:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    My buddies house was robbed a few years back in Florida and they took his Ruger 9mm. About 6 months later the local police department raided a local drug house and found it in the house with a bunch of gang bangers. By this time he had moved to Kentucky I don't know if he has ever gone back to claim it. I know there was something like the insurance department had already paid for it in his claim so there was some hoopla he was going to have to do to claim it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom