Kimber SIS/Warrior 1911 SPF to hdfinder47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwatDawg15

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Lake Charles
    I am selling my Custom Kimber 1911. All work was done by the Kimber Custom Shop. I have the invoice from the work. $1200 $1000 FTF $1050 Shipped to FFL SPF to hdfinder47

The gun started out as a Series 1 Kimber SIS/RL (No shwartz safety) It was sent back to the custom shop and had a Warrior slide fitted. While it was there they polished the barrel hood, and feedramp. They also reamed the chamber, and installed an EGW bushing. The plastic mainspring housing was replaced with a steel one that is checkered, and has a recessed lanyard loop. The gun is tight, and eats everything I have fed it. I also have not had any problems with any magazine.

I am the second owner. The original owner is a fellow police officer as well. He put 200 rds threw it, and I put 300. SO 500 rounds threw this. It comes with 4 8rd mags. Holsters not included at this price.

I have 1500 in this, so my asking price is a good deal. This is the best of both worlds between an SIS, and an Warrior. Again, no firing pin safety here.

I will entertain offers on this. just ask. USPS M/O only. FTF possible in Louisiana. I can ship this to your FFL, or I can do it from my FFL to yours.

Last edited:

SwatDawg15

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Lake Charles
    The SIS and Warrior are indeed the top of Kimber's line. That stuff is done to an extent, but they can"t go to far with it being brand new, as it has to be broke in. Its more for reliability then anything, and if you carry any 1911, this should be considered.

Basically most people don't like the SIS cuts on the slide, so this solved that. Most people like the front strap checkered, which the Warrior don't have, so this fixes that.

I'm selling because I could use the money to pay some stuff off.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Uh... I thought the SIS was near the top of Kimber's line? They don't do all of that initially?????

Most of the work done would have been for the slide replacement (the SIS cuts truely are hideous). The only things "extra" would have been the polishing of the barrel hood, the feed ramp (which it should have already had) and the replacement of the nylon/plastic mainspring housing.

It's probably a pretty nice gun now...even though it's a Kimber...

edit: I just saw that it is a series 1...that is something you don't see everyday.

Last edited:

SwatDawg15

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Lake Charles
    I need this gone. I will take a small loss to get it done. Make your offers for cash and FTF for the best deal.

Worst i can say is no, but I will always counter offer and try to work it out.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    ttt

Bump for an interesting gun - I have both the SIS (bought it cuz' of the neat slide serrations-no accounting for tastes, huh?) and the Warrior. This might have been an interesting compromise vs buying 2 $1200 guns! I believe it would be a very good LE gun for the price. JMO.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom