*SOLD* WTS Springfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec *SOLD*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    *SOLD* WTS - Springfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec *edit* - NM serial# prefix - made in the U.S.A.

I bought this pistol back in '05 from a buddy who bought it in '04 - I have the original bill of sale. This was my first pistol and has been my baby for several years. I am selling this 1911 to fund another 1911 in a different caliber...shooting .45 all the time is starting to hurt my wallet.

High-rise beaver-tail grip safety and commander hammer installed By Lloyd Landry. Trigger and action also smoothed out by Lloyd Landry. Frame was reblued by Jim's Firearms. Previous owner put ~200 rounds down the pipe (mix of FMJ and JHP), I've put 2300 (FMJ only) for a total of ~2500 rounds. Recoil spring was changed out @ 2000 rounds for a 16lbs Wolff spring. It has received a full field strip and cleaning after every range visit and kept well oiled. Barrel is bright with good rifling. It does not like Wilson Combat 8 round (47D) magazines - I took it to the range Thursday and put 150 rounds through it, functioned great with Springfield 7 round factory magazines, Colt 7 round factory magazines and Chip McCormick Power 10 magazines. I'm sorry to say, the gun is more accurate than I am. :p

It comes in it's original case, with owner's manual, 2 Springfield factory magazines, ILS key (ILS is currently disabled), chamber brush, original black plastic grip panels (left panel has a crack), new cocobolo wood grip panels (installed) and a Novak's rear carry sight (not installed). I also have an old nylon holster around here somewhere that can go with it as well.

Asking price is $500 - FTF, Baton Rouge area only.

Not looking for any trades at this time unless you are looking to part with a Dan Wesson PM-9 or STI Trojan 9mm as an equal trade ;)

More pictures available upon request. No ammo, magazines, tv remotes or Diet Sunkist sodas in pictures included - only what is listed.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom