WWS/WTT Colt model 1908 Vest pocket .25acp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    Just throwing this out there, I don't know what a fair price would be, so any input would be helpful. This is a Colt 1908 Vest pocket .25, nickel plated with pearl grips with the colt medalions installed. As far as I know the grips are the originals. the serial # is 215xxx, slide, and frame have matching #'s. according to this website: http://proofhouse.com/colt/ it was built in 1919.
    I'm no expert, but I would give it 95%. Shoots good, real good shape for a 90 year old pistol. I'm going ask $700, if it is to much, let me know. Might be interested in trades for other pistols, or assualt type weapons.

Pictures were taken with cell phone, I can't find my card reader for the camera card.

280i0oz.jpg

2qj9jiw.jpg

qqee6f.jpg

Last edited:

GWB

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    I bought the one I have now for 200 about 5 months ago.

What condition is it in? type of finish? material of grips? Year produced? Just wondering if we're looking at apples to apples. If it is like this one, I'll just hang on to it. I like it to much to take 200 for it.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I paid 175 for mine, condition is the same. Mine had the checkered wooden grips instead of the pearl ones like in the ar15 ad.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I know its unrelated but I have a very old pistol Identical to the colt but its made by a spanish co. and has the word Martian stamped on the side.

GWB

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    Thanks everyone for the info.
    I can't part with this one for 200 bucks, I saw an empty box one came in sell on ebay for 175. I am still open to trades if someone wants to offer up something.

Just post a pic.

GWB

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    Everyone, thanks for the offers, but I'm not interested in going through the hassle of digging it out and shipping it for $350. (the highest offer) if anyone is passing through Fleming Island Florida (Jacksonville area) and wants to buy it, or look at to see if you're interested, I'd be willing to meet up with you. I dint think I could take less than $400 for it. Even if someone was coming to pick it up. I'm closing this thread, but my cell is 337-303-6514, if you're going to be close by and are interested let me know.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom