How safe would it be to rechamber a rpk barrel in 7.62x54r and installed it in a psl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    How safe would it be to rechamber a rpk barrel in 7.62x54r and installed it in a psl kit? Would anyone see any future problems with it? Would the RPK barrel and gas tube be to weak for the 7.62X54?

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    IF the barrel and action are set up for 7.62x39mm, you'd have timing problems (ripped casings probably; due to the casing being pulled on while still under high pressure), but the main thing would be if the barrel had enough meat in the chamber area to support the longer chamber.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    If you ruined a psl barrell and are looking for a replacement, Copes has PSL kits for sale herehttp://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=1680,

use the barrell and sell the rest of the parts. Since there are no spare parts for these guns readily available, you could part it out easily. Hell Ill buy the gas tube from you if you do.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    What I was wondering about the most was having the shorter gas system. If it would be over gassed.

it will be hugely overgassed , the chrome plating will be destryed in the chamber , so even if you got past the gassing , you'll start blowing strips of chrome out . There's several barrel makers that'll make up a heavy x51 barrel for you , they can profile it or we can .

OK spoke to soon , the yugo isn't chrome lined . On the one in the auction , Turbo this is known as a good welder . he's new at AK's though . There are several thing's that he could have done to "make " it work . Off the top of my head , I can't think of any that I would have though .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom