Monday Night Practice @ Precision

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Thought I would get a jump on things and post early. Once again we have action pistol practice on Monday night. We start ~6:15, with that said, we did start earlier last time due to the amount of shooters we had. We do what we can and hope for the best. And Don we don't really care if your gun won't fit in the Evil Box. :mamoru: I bet I can make it fit.:D

Bring about 150 rounds of ammo and your head screwed on straight.

Beauxdog :cool:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Morning Buddy (aka: Sunshine),

Thought I was the only one up at this time. We will do what we can @ Precision on Monday. You coming over? They also have The Range in Baker on Wednesday to play with.

Beauxdog :)

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    Good morning "Twinkle Toes", I've been getting up at 04:00 for a while. I guess I'm afraid I'll miss something.

I have a few projects I'm working on and if I get finished I'll be there. I'd like to shoot my new M&P Pro a bit. I knocked the sights over a tad and would like to see if it is centered. I'm ordering Dawsons for it today if they are open for orders.

B

Hammar

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Metairie
    I hope to make it if I can get over this cold/flu/swine whatever I seem to have come down with. I hear loud noises and gunpowder cure the common cold so I might give it a try.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Good morning "Twinkle Toes", I've been getting up at 04:00 for a while. I guess I'm afraid I'll miss something.

I have a few projects I'm working on and if I get finished I'll be there. I'd like to shoot my new M&P Pro a bit. I knocked the sights over a tad and would like to see if it is centered. I'm ordering Dawsons for it today if they are open for orders.

B

Buddy, I am sure you have changed sights on an M&P before. Just a reminder that parts will go flying if you are not careful when you remove the rear sight. To keep up with the spring and retainer I like to place the slide in a one gallon zip lock bag for removal and installation.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Buddy, I am sure you have changed sights on an M&P before. Just a reminder that parts will go flying if you are not careful when you remove the rear sight. To keep up with the spring and retainer I like to place the slide in a one gallon zip lock bag for removal and installation.

No, haven't changed the sights on the M&P, but I will before long. Thanks for the tip. Heck, I lose stuff without it shooting off of there on it's own.

Buddy :)

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hammer,

Don't you dare bring that cold/flu/swine thing to the range:noes: or I can just about guarantee you a cure from loud nosie and gun powder, won't hurt at all.:dogkeke: Keep that stuff to yourself.
    For the rest of the folks, come out and lets shoot.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hammer,

Don't you dare bring that cold/flu/swine thing to the range:noes: or I can just about guarantee you a cure from loud nosie and gun powder, won't hurt at all.:dogkeke: Keep that stuff to yourself.
    For the rest of the folks, come out and lets shoot.

Doctor Beauxdog believes in giving "shots" to his patients. He has never had a patient return complaining of chronic problems. Actually, his methods work so well...he doesn't have a patient waiting list and you can be next! :D

Hammar

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Metairie
    I gonna come out and cough and sneeze all over that place. There, that ought to keep the numbers down for Monday.

Actually I would not even think of showing unless I was well. Feeling much better but still may hold off and make the haul up to baker on Wednesday. But thanks for all the care and concern for my well being.:rolleyes:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hammarlie,

Do you realize what will happen to you if you get someone sick just before the GATOR?:mad: Unless of course it's PawPaw, they would give you a medal for that.:mamoru: Your choice but I wouldn't want to make that decision.

Beauxdog :p

Hammar

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Metairie
    Got this a week ago, so even though I don't feel great right now I'm far past the contageous stage. Like I said, I wouldn't think of comming if I thought there was a chance I would get anyone else sick. I haven't left my house in a week just because of that, plus my doc thinks it's just a cold not even the flu. And btw, I think it was Loyd who gave this to me anyway.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    12 stages instead of 5, 200 competitors instead of 45, getting to watch and shoot with some of the best shooters in the world, walking through the prize table were the last place shooter wins more than the match fee, and meeting new people who enjoy the sport we all love.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The GATOR is 12 stages of pure fun. The folks at CAS, along with the rest of the Louisiana Section have put this on for several years. It's a big state match. It will take 3 days to shoot (one for the RO's and 2 for the competitors). It takes 2 days just to set it up. I know it would be a long drive just to watch but some of the best shooters around will be there and the best from the state will attend. The stages are a little more involved than the monthly matches since we have more set-up time.
    There is also the prize table. Barbra and Gary have put together a great prize table. There are 12 guns on the table and 3 guns in the raffle (I have tickets is anyone is interested) and 2 guns being given to the RO's. Everyone will go to the prize table, there are enough for every shooter. And when I left the range today, there were 199 competitors signed up. You need to come see this, even if this is the only match you get to look at. Anything else?

Beauxdog :hi5:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Kid,

You have enough troble with 1 gun, we are only going to give you 2 water pistols.:mamoru: You know what is meant, quit being such a kidder. :D

Beauxdog :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom