Need some help with a Hog question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Can someone point me to the law or laws that talk about taking live hogs out of state?

I need to know if its legal or even if I need to get a special license or permit to do so.

I would like to catch some hogs and take them to my dads in North Alabama so he can put them in a pen and raise them to eat. I just dont want to do anything illegal.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Check the La Wildlife and fisheries site. They are non regulated quadrapeds. Legal to take (shoot) by any licensed hunter in the state. Don't know about transporting across state lines. If in doubt, call your local office. Also check in the state where you want to take them. Be warned, once they are in your area, you will not be able to get rid of them. Kinda like the salvinia problem on the lakes.

By the way, wild hogs are damn good eatin. A lot different from the domestic stuff you buy in the store. Why not just shoot a couple, and take the frozen quarters to him to eat.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I can't remember where I saw it . I would imagine that NO state would want feral hogs brought in , no matter the reason . Not to mention disease , etc .

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Check the La Wildlife and fisheries site. They are non regulated quadrapeds. Legal to take (shoot) by any licensed hunter in the state. Don't know about transporting across state lines. If in doubt, call your local office. Also check in the state where you want to take them. Be warned, once they are in your area, you will not be able to get rid of them. Kinda like the salvinia problem on the lakes.

By the way, wild hogs are damn good eatin. A lot different from the domestic stuff you buy in the store. Why not just shoot a couple, and take the frozen quarters to him to eat.

There are no hogs on his land. He was hoping to raise more to eat
    cause the taste so good. He has some pens for regular pigs but likes wild pig better. I'll call and find out I guess. Didn't see anything on their site.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Might need to check Miss. law too since you will be going through there.

Good show on Discovery Channel last night about wild hogs.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Did you see this part?

In addition, transporting live feral hogs from one property to another is illegal in Alabama.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Did you see this part?

In addition, transporting live feral hogs from one property to another is illegal in Alabama.

Yep....It probably will be here too, before long....

But in the end it won't matter. Those pug-nosed devils are doing a great job of transporting themselves as it is!:eek3:

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nice discovery videos. In one of them I like how they say "nobody knows why the population is exploding in Europe". Maybe it's because they've become a bunch of anti-gun zealots and nobody's hunting anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom