Taurus Judge VS Copperhead

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This is why I bought this pistol. Always a 1 shot solution for things that slither.

Should have got a pic with it AND the pistol. The Judge is a 4" bbl with 2 1/2" chamber. It was loaded with #4 shot.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Thank You

Thanks for the plug!
    IMG_0026.jpg

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I always thought that a judge was pointless, until recently. Id like to retire the RG mod 66 i carry with .22LR CCI shot shells (not too effective past 5 feet). Im planning on looking for one this saturday at the Lake Charles Gun show (cheap and used). Here are a few pics of ones ive killed this year. The copper head and cotton mouth that are in the same pic were killed within 3 feet of each other.
    02-03-08_1638.jpg

10-27-07_1252.jpg

10-27-07_1255.jpg

10-27-07_1257.jpg

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    When I was younger we would go look for copper heads at an old camp. They would always hibernate under the tin. We would pick up the tin, shoot the snake with a pellet gun, then grab it by the tail and whip the head off. Yea we were f'n dumb!! You won't see me doing that anymore. I HATE snakes now.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I always thought that a judge was pointless, until recently. I'd like to retire the RG mod 66 i carry with .22LR CCI shot shells (not too effective past 5 feet). Im planning on lookingfor one this saturday at the Lake Charles Gun show (cheap and used). Here are a few pics of ones ive killed this year. The copper head and cotton mouth that are in the same pic were killed within 3 feet of each other.

I'll venture the opinion that anything would be better than an RG.

With that said, I have an RG Model 66M (.22 Magnum and .22 LR) revolver that I'll sell to the first idiot that brings me $50.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    1 CCI 22 Mag shot shell from the North American Arms micro revolver usually does the same with 1 shot, and it fits in my pocket. I got some Rio 12 ga. shells from Cheaper than Dirt, and cut them open for the #12 shot (25 shells = 25 oz.) to load in my Speer 44 and 38 shot shells. I have not tried them, but they should put a pretty good shred on a snake. I usually identify the species after they are dead. Hate the damn things.

LA.Call'emClose

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is why I bought this pistol. Always a 1 shot solution for things that slither.

Should have got a pic with it AND the pistol. The Judge is a 4" bbl with 2 1/2" chamber. It was loaded with #4 shot.

that #4 did the job, but if i was loading it to deal with snakes, 7 1/2 or 8 shot would be the medicine.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I'll venture the opinion that anything would be better than an RG.

With that said, I have an RG Model 66M (.22 Magnum and .22 LR) revolver that I'll sell to the first idiot that brings me $50.

I have to agree. The gun was my grandpa's, my dad had it in his closet (he doesnt shoot pistols) so he gave it to me. Its fairly accurate for the crude sights. The main reason I carry it when working on the property is because I dont have to worry about messing it up. Thats why id like to find a used larger caliber revolver to run shot shells in that is already beat up (I hate putting the first scratch on a gun)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If you can't shoot the head off a snake at 15 feet with a .22LR revolver, there's something wrong with your gun or your eyes.

I used to feel the same way until I had to shoot (at) a water moccasin 7 times before I actually killed it. The first 3 shots were while it was on the move (in my direction) the last 4 were with it it sitting still and looking at me. Shot number 7 finally popped his head.

I consider myself a fairly good shot with a pistol, I've been shooting my whole life. Maybe I was just spooked that day, I dunno. I once heard an Urban legend about certain snakes being able to see the bullet comming if it was facing you and striking at the bullet, thus fouling up the head shot. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? I'd sure like to believe that rather than I actually just missed 6 times.......

Either way, my judge does the trick every time.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    There is a swamp across the street and a river behind my house so we see snakes from time to time. I live in a subdivision and there is one (subdivision) across the river also, therefore, I use shot loads. I have several .357 revolvers that I use to shoot the CCI shot shells and they are great to about 20' to 30'. I bought some of the capsules to reload shot loads for a forty-five acp. I just loaded a couple to try and they shot nicely, but I didn't have a snake available to try them on.:wtc:

My next door neighbor uses the CCI .22 cal. shot in a pistol and makes kills if he can get within 10'. A .410 would be ideal if you encounter many snakes.

The shot is lead and will not hurt your rifling. The fine shot gives a denser pattern than the #4 is the only difference.

Go and get them guys, I hate snakes! :noes:

Top Bottom