Old Model Ruger SIngle Six "Flat Gate"....Got it!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Just received it today!....Posting a few pics as requested!

The overall finish has a little wear...thinning of the bluing on the barrel, slightly bright at the muzzle on one side, no rust or pitting anywhere, frame around the cylinder is a slight plum color, grip frame is excellent. The bore and cylinders are excellent! Pretty good condition for 52-56 year old revolver!:D
    I will research the serial# to try to pinpoint the exact year'''

One of my favorite parts is the distinctive 4 clicks when cocking the hammer...Heard much about it and never experienced it! The action and the trigger are very slick!:cool:

This my first single action revolver, and if it shoots as good as it looks and handles, it is definitely a keeper!

Let me know what you guys think...

View attachment 4466

View attachment 4467

View attachment 4468

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Nice! They are contagious you know! I started off with the old models, friend at work got me hooked. I managed to pick up one new model, and cannot stand the action compared to a new model, so it sits, unfired in the box waiting for me to find just the right .30 carbine old model, then it'll have to go!

for more information on dating your gun, go here: http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/RE-SSixSM.html

you can call the number at the bottom of the page and they will provide you with a letter stating the day it shipped from the factory, and the original configuration.

also, one last thing. you mention this is your first single action. Remember this: Half-c0ck, load one round. Skip one space in the cylinder, load the next 4, fully c0ck the hammer, and when you let it fall it will be on an empty cylinder since it has not been converted.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom