Phil Strader running for area 4 director

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Got an email from Gary T.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:12 PM
    To: Phil Strader
    Subject: Phil Strader here

Hello everyone,

I am sending you this email as my official announcement that I will be running for Area 4 Director next year. *I would ask that you forward my following message (in bold) to your mailing lists, and to any other contacts that may have such lists consisting of Area 4 shooters. *Since my separation from USSA, I've lost all of my contacts with the local shooters. *

I'm in the process of having the AD Petition signed with the 50 signatures needed to put my name on the ballot, but the more people who know of my intention to run, the better. *

Thanks so much in advance!

Greetings Area 4 shooters!

My name is Phil Strader, and I've asked your area match directors and section coordinators to forward this message to their mailing lists. *

Over the last 3 years, I've been a resident of Area 4, as well as an active competitor and Match Director here. *I'm happy to say that I've had nothing but great experiences with the shooters, fellow Range Officers, and range staff throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. *I truly feel that Area 4 is the most active in the country. *We have a huge number of clubs and competitors, although we're home to only four states...the least of any Area. *It's amazing that I can now shoot at least eight matches a month within 3 hours of my home! *Oh, if only I had the time and money to do so! *

Therefore, it with great pride that I am announcing my intention to run for Area 4 Director next year. *I hope to build an even stronger Area starting with our Area Championship. *Those of you who have competed in matches I have organized know how I obsess about making everything first rate. *During my two years with USSA, that was one of my main responsibilities. *Now, I intend on putting that same effort into our Area Championship, Sectional matches, and new clubs, with the goal to make them the best in the country! *

As of today, I'll be composing a mailing list of Area 4 constituents to keep as many residents in the loop as to what is going on in their sport. *I will represent the needs of the people without submitting to the whims of others. *Your ballots will arrive later next year. *PLEASE VOTE...if not for me, then someone. *Usually, less than half of the ballots that are sent out get returned. *Let's change that! *

I hope that you will support me in my efforts to make our Area the best in the US. *Please spread the word, and let as many Area 4 shooters know as you can.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

cripple

Quad CCW
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2008
    N. of I10
    Phil used to be over at USSA and would be a great addition to Area 4 administration. He knows the area well and is a common face in the larger circles nationwide.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    +1 He's the type of quality individual I was talking about.

I hope we have a ballot with 2 or 3 candidates that are equal to his level.

Then A4 will be where it belongs.

That is at the top of the WORLD OF SHOOTING!!!!

gmshtr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Thanks for all of the kind words.

I'm really looking forward to the election. I hope the rest of the Area shares your enthusiasm!

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

gmshtr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Hello everyone! I emailed USPSA about the ballots for Area 4, and they informed me that since I ran uncontested, that would not be necessary. So, as of January 1st, 2011, I will officially be your Area 4 director, although I will be attending the next board meeting, and planning next year's Area 4 Championship, Pro-Am, and possibly the Area 4 3-gun Championship in the next few months.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your supportive comments and positive suggestions. I will always be available to every Area 4 member with questions, concerns, etc.

For those of you who are disappointed about not getting the chance to have the highest vote count in this year's elections, don't worry! You'll get your chance next year when I run for USPSA President-2012.

Again, thanks for your support. See you on the range!

Top Bottom