An Observation....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I learned a valuable lesson recently.
    Not all CCW instructors are alike.
    Some of them just plain suck.
    Please do your research when choosing instructors so you dont wind up in a shitty class where you pay some money, spend 3 hours in a fella's backyard and listen to him talk about vietnam.

This asshat told my friends and family to always shoot from the hip because you NEVER have enough time to use sights..

How do some of these clowns get certified? :o

Just felt like i had to rant. :mad::mad:

End of Rant.:D

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    I would like to know also, have some family and friends about to take the class, want to make sure they dont get a bad instructor

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I was told to keep my mouth shut about the instructor since it seems that he is catering to some people's needs and its really not my job to. I'd feel kind of bad throwing someone's name out there anyway especially since this is "heresay"

Seems you have two types:
    Those who just want the permit, and those who are willing to put in the time and training to be able to react to situations.

He caters to the former.

Ill say this: He is not a sponsor here, so to be safe just stick with sponsors...

This particular instructor did not even go over the book, he simply gave them it, read them the front and back covers and told them to read it. Then recommended some gun rags...

To put it in the words of one of the students " It was a joke".

:eek:

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    You owe it to the community to out this loser. Seriously. If you don't want to, pm me and I'll do it.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you want, I can refer them to my instructor. VERY good class, just be prepared to sit their butts in the chair and participate (bring food, you'll get hungry).

That said, I have heard the (horror?) stories off the permit farming instructors.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited:

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    My initial class is what prompted me to become an NRA instructor. I did more research on my own than I spent in time in class. Not covering the curriculum only hurts the student, putting the student, the general public, and the instructor at risk in the event of firearm use (or misuse). A short class is HAZARD TO ALL not a favor to anyone.

All instructors should be discussing the relevant curriculum, laws, mindset, as well as what happens, or is likely to happen after a shooting.

Students that seek out short classes subscribe to the concept of "ignorance is bliss". This will end badly for them when they need that knowledge / skill the most.

This type of training needs to be exposed for what it is. I have been training emergency responders since 1988. In that time I have witnessed the results of students trying to perform under stress after receiving "abbreviated", I does not work out well in most cases.

Just my experience.

TSO

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Did this guy's name rhyme with Fannon Hefuff? I heard he is kind of rude, but overall a half-decent kinda dude.

All kidding aside, +100 on sticking with the sponsors. I wish I would have had a site like this before I went on getting my permit.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You owe it to the community to out this loser. Seriously. If you don't want to, pm me and I'll do it.

Absolutely. People should know if they are paying their hard earned dollars for a quality class or not. It will make the student a more responsible carrier.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    My class was only about 1.5 hours including range time.

Top Bottom