Shooting Remington Sptn Side by Side double barrel simultaneously

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I took my dad's 20 inch Remington Side by Side spartan outside earlier this evening and blasted both barrels at the same time into a woodpile. Man that was a punch. That is a cool coachgun. Has a nice simple appeal from my 870 Police Magnum. It affected me a lot more than I thought it did. I clamped the stock to my side with my arm and shot it form the hip holding on as tight as I could. Peppered exactly where I was looking. My hand didn't hurt, nor did my side or arm. Just a bump. Then...while I was taking the shells out a few minutes later, I noticed a big drop of blood that had sprouted up from an initially inseen and unfelt cut on the joint of my middle finger. Apparently the back of the first trigger had cut into it in the recoil. Then, a few hours ago I took my shirt off to take a shower and there was a red bruise on my side where I had been kicked. I'm amazed I never felt any pain from any of this.

My question of all this is, how do I prevent getting cut when firing both barrels (I mean the gun was designed to do that which is why it has two triggers). It's the one advantage that gun has to modern pump and semi auto shotguns with their higher 5-8 shell capacity. You can get double the punch. (the over and under ones I don't think are capable of this)

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    One finger at a time. Not enough room in the trigger guard for 2 fingers. Pull front trigger then let finger slide back to the second trigger.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Two triggers does not mean it's meant to be fired like that, they just hadn't figured out a recoil based rest yet...

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    it wasn't exactly fired from my hip, but more the waist. The stock was sandwitched between my arm and waist.
    Truthfully, it wasn't that bad of a kick. It wasn't painful. Like I said it was A LOT easier than I thought. The only thing is maybe to cushion it better. Like maybe rubber trigger shoes on the triggers so they don't cut back into your finger behind or wrapping a towel or a strip of rubber around the stock.
    You get double the punch and double the spread and it is effective.

Although I will add that I did this with 7 1/2 pellets (birdshot) not 00 magnum buckshot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom