Springfield XD SubCompact Conversion Barrels

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Hello XD Lovers.

Just wanted to make you aware that EFK FireDragon finally did another run of conversion barrels for the 3"SubCompacts, I checked their website earlier and they were already out of .357Sig conversions both in ported and non ported, but they do have in stock conversion non ported 9mm for $155, 3"ported 40 S&W for $185, and ported 9mm conversion barrels for $185, and also ported 9mm (not conversion) for $185.00

Im sure the question most people will ask is what a conversion barrel is and will it fit???

So I will go ahead and explain it, if you have a 3"SC 40 S&W you can buy a conversion barrel to turn it into a .357 Sig or 9mm, if you have a 3"SC 9mm you pretty much stuck and cant convert it to anything unless you wanted a ported 9mm barrel. For the people who like heaving a 3"SC 40 S&W but would like to get a little bit of help with the recoil there is a 3" ported 40 S&W non conversion barrel that means its the same bore size but a little bit longer than your barrel since your slide doesnt have the cuts for the ports they have to stick the barrel about 1/2 an inch for the ports to work.

I personally have the Service Ported Conversion .357Sig and the Service Ported 9mm, they are both drop in replacements in my Service Springfield XD V10 and I really like them, I wished for many years to be able to do it on my SC as well and kept agravating EFK Firedragon with emails about it until I finally got an answer saying they will do one more run of very few quantities for the XD Lovers.

So I hope somebody finds this interesting and important, I have a few pics of my Service XD with the Conversion Barrel in case somebody still has any questions about what I mean by the barrel sticking out of the slide, etc etc

Not sure on how to post pics on this site yet so I would need to email them.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Cool deal. I had checked last week and they were still out of stock. I am still contemplating on doing the conversion so I can get more range time and have more ammo to shoot. Pics would be great. WHen you click post reply, you can attach the image like an email. So far, I'm leaning on purchasing the barrel.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I really like the conversion I have on mine as well cheap as hell to shoot, and you are still using the same frame so you keep the trigger memory, only thing I do still recomend is every once in a while still go to the range with 40 S&W so you dont get used to the recoil on the 9mm and then surpise when you need it.

On another note I love my 1911 .22cal conversion, its fun as hell to shoot and cant get any cheaper, wish they would make one for XD's

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Hope the pics work, its the first time i try, you can see on the one that the factory SA Ported barrel is next to the EFK the difference in sizes, eventhough they are both sold as 4" Service model, the one from EFK is design for a non ported gun so it sticks out about 3/4 of an inch to accomodate the ports.

I also doesnt come polished, that is a home polish job with brasso and a dremel tool.

Top Bottom