Sherburne this morning .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Got there early . Had the place to myself until 10 o'clock . That's when it started to get crowded . The place was kind of trashy and there was not enough target stands for the number of people I saw rolling in . I got the hell out of dodge at that point . The gravel road following the levee was in horrible shape . 8 inch deep potholes everywhere . To their credit , when I was leaving , the road grader was out and he was working on it .
    I'll give it another try next week .

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Passed by there yesterday on my way in from Mamou/Opelousas. I would expect that the bad road conditions, trashy conditions, and unusually large number of shooters might be due to those horrendous spells of bad weather and high water that we've been having lately. It's usually not too bad out there but it has been a good while since I've been.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Got there early . Had the place to myself until 10 o'clock . That's when it started to get crowded . The place was kind of trashy and there was not enough target stands for the number of people I saw rolling in . I got the hell out of dodge at that point . The gravel road following the levee was in horrible shape . 8 inch deep potholes everywhere . To their credit , when I was leaving , the road grader was out and he was working on it .
    I'll give it another try next week .

We got there about 11 one day and all the early morning folks (like yourself) were leaving and there were only a handful of us left.

CGBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Stennis Shooting Range

I was wanting to find out more info on the Stennis Shooting range. Is it open? Will it accommadate shooting 30-06, 270's? Will it be open tomorrow? Thanks for any feedback . . .

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I hadn't heard of the Stennis shooting range before. Are they making it a target range like Sherburne?
    It is random that people are packed at Sherburne on a Monday, even if it is a holiday.. most of them should have already had their hunting rifle's sighted in by now.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I hadn't heard of the Stennis shooting range before. Are they making it a target range like Sherburne?
    It is random that people are packed at Sherburne on a Monday, even if it is a holiday.. most of them should have already had their hunting rifle's sighted in by now.
    From what I read here , Stennis was just a dirt pit type of place that everybody knew about , and was eventually doomed due to it's popularity . It is now posted .

Top Bottom