AR lowers $55

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    I had the chance to look over two of their first run lowers. I was not impressed. They had a couple of very obvious issues and when they were made aware of them via a telephone call, they made the usual noise about 'wanting to make the best receiver' etc, but they never returned the phone call, responded to the email nor apprised me of any changes.

There are too many quality manufacturers out there to accept substandard execution by a newcomer.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Every review on AR15.com said these lowers had a canted mag release hole.

Depending on who you talk to, they made 2500 or 5000 in the first production run. They all had the canted mag release hole and on some of them the threads for the receiver extension were sloppy, to say the least.

The receivers that I looked at were serial numbered in the first dozen.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I can't decide if I want to go with "You get what you pay for" or "If it's too good to be true...it is."

For around $30 more you can get a top notch lower from a reputable brand.

Keith2

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Covington - Northshore
    "FEAR will then cosume you and many missed oppertunities will arise...". I don't remember who said that but it's true in this thread!! My friend bought a few of these Sharps lowers from r-guns and had no problems with him. They were sent in consecutive S#s which was cool! (R-guns seems to be the neg-target in these threads). The Sharps lowers are actually very nice. They're not perfect as mentioned with the mag release but in "real life" you can hardly tell. They go together like all the other lowers on the market and you save a fortune if you buy more then one. (still just $20.00) to ship all!!!). Heck - I bought only one and feel I got a great deal!!). S&W/Stag uppers fit tight!!!
    * I hope this helps- I've been watching these Neg-threads go on for a while now and everyones seems to be missing the point. The Sharps lowers are a GREAT lower at $55.00 even if you have to pay $20.00 shipping and a $35.00 ffl fee!!! If you do bulk, it's a STEAL!!! You could build a gun for under $600.00 total!!! I'm going to make a .410 shotgun out of this one!!! LoL!!!!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    "FEAR will then cosume you and many missed oppertunities will arise...". I don't remember who said that but it's true in this thread!! My friend bought a few of these Sharps lowers from r-guns and had no problems with him. They were sent in consecutive S#s which was cool! (R-guns seems to be the neg-target in these threads). The Sharps lowers are actually very nice. They're not perfect as mentioned with the mag release but in "real life" you can hardly tell. They go together like all the other lowers on the market and you save a fortune if you buy more then one. (still just $20.00) to ship all!!!). Heck - I bought only one and feel I got a great deal!!). S&W/Stag uppers fit tight!!!
    * I hope this helps- I've been watching these Neg-threads go on for a while now and everyones seems to be missing the point. The Sharps lowers are a GREAT lower at $55.00 even if you have to pay $20.00 shipping and a $35.00 ffl fee!!! If you do bulk, it's a STEAL!!! You could build a gun for under $600.00 total!!! I'm going to make a .410 shotgun out of this one!!! LoL!!!!

That doesn't mean RGuns is a good dealer or Sharps is a good manufacturer, that just means you don't care that your lower is ****ed up.

If they were honest about the condition of these lowers it might not be a big deal. Many manufacturers will sell "blemished" or "reject" products for reduced prices, but they are up front about it. Regardless of price, people have every right to bitch when they buy something they rightfully assume to be in spec and it isn't. A steal? Yeah...for $20-30 more I can get correct high quality mil-spec lowers. Pardon us for not hopping on the phone and ordering dozens of shitty lowers.

Keith2

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Covington - Northshore
    speedracer – You’re Funny!!! :) – I didn’t say anything about RGuns being a good dealer or even Sharps being a great manufacturer!! (WOW- you’re creative!!) Obviously your BEEF is with RGuns, not me so why don’t you channel your personal issues to them!! You can create an “Anti—Rguns” thread and spend all day exercising your rights!! (Fun-fun!!) Oh and incase you missed it – the lowers are discounted to $55.00 and everyone knows about the mag release button-hole being slightly tilted.

My point, which is what you missed in your “madman” speed-RACE to criticize me, was that I was actually doing what you could not. I provided an “EDUCATED-HANDS ON” answer to the “ORIGIONAL” questions asked in both of these threads. (The question was “ARE THESE LOWERS WORTH $55.00”??? And for some, not you, the answer is YES!!! When you physically come into contact with them, you’ll notice, that the FIT and FUNCTION is VERY GOOD!! The only thing off is a slight tilt in the Mag release button-hole but the rest of the lower is mil-spec. That doesn’t mean they’re “shitty”.
    And like I said in my post, the S&W & Stag uppers fit RIGHT and TIGHT!! No Wedge needed!!! (Oh - and PMAGS, fit well too!!) These lowers aren’t for the guys that want to build a “closet-show gun”. They’re for those of us that actually use them. The guys/gals that want to throw their AR on the front of their 4-wheeler with the intention to shoot the hell out of it. It’s a SHOOTER!!

Hey Richard in LA!! It’s good to hear from you again!! :)
    I mentioned $35.00 because that’s what my ffl dealer charges to do a transfer. He will do 1 or 100 for $35.00 even as long as they are all done at the same time.

Let’s see, speedracer had mentioned a dozen lowers. I can work with that.
    If I bought 12@$55.00 each. That’s only $660.00 plus a flat $20.00 shipping fee and a flat $35.00 transfer fee. That makes the total investment $715.00. Then divide that by 12 which will come to $59.58 each delivered…. (That’s a good deal to me!! You can build a complete lower for well under $200.00!!) It helps to put a nice weapon in the hands of the common folks!! haha-I know Obama and the aristocrats of the gun industry would hate to hear that!! LOL!!
    I think it was obvious that my intention was not to **** anyone off but just to give an answer to those that wanted the information.
    (Note - I didn't jump into these threads early until I had some experience with the product.)

(I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings.) *Happy New Year to all!! Keith

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    It does not matter how good a deal it is. RGuns has a well deserved crappy reputation. It can be assumed they make something on these sales. Why would you want to help keep a crappy company in business so it can prey on other unsuspecting gun owners?

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    It does not matter how good a deal it is. RGuns has a well deserved crappy reputation. It can be assumed they make something on these sales. Why would you want to help keep a crappy company in business so it can prey on other unsuspecting gun owners?

+ 1

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom