3" Colt Python on Auction Arms Sold for $1500+

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    The $$$ collectors have wet dreams about 3 inch Pythons, apparently because so few of them were made. On Gunbroker lately I have seen MANY fake Pythons, many misrepresented (read LIES) about various legit and fabricated versions...and the prices just keep going up. There is a vendor who sells FAKE, BOGUS, REPRINT cardboard woodgrain Colt boxes, for $150 or more, with blank labels on the side to fill in your gun's info. ANYTHING that relaqtes to pythons is being inflated and bought by suckers. Its a shame, they are such fine revolvers, but lots of noobs are being burned, which makes it more inviting for the sham artists to unload more fake wares.

Beaver Creek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Denham Springs (Watson Area)
    The 3" .357 Combat Pythons are fairly recent manufacture and very scarce. I would be very cautious before buying one for the $$$ they bring. The only 38 Spl Pythons I am aware of are the older 8" Target models. They were produced in both blue & nickel.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    This one was one of the Larry Kelly (Magna-port custom sales) limited editions. He usually used Rugers or Smiths (as I remember) but looks like he did a Colt this time. I don't know how this piece will appreciate in value compared to the Colt original 3" Combat Pythons, but it IS an interesting gun (and the winning bid was $1512 or so).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom