3-year-old girl shot, killed in French Quarter. Only in NOLA, baby.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Thomas Jefferson and Washington were part of the United States. They won't be erased and I'd fight to keep it that way if i had to.

Again.. The Confederacy lost... So out you go.. Just like in any war.. Loser takes a backseat and shuts up.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    This situation does not compare with foreign wars. This was a civil war. The losers were not jailed or summarily executed. The South was punished enough in war. The years following were a period of reconciliation. Robert E Lee Jr was allowed to return to the US Army. General Grant and President Lincoln both resisted efforts to prosecute anyone for treason. Former Confederate officers were welcomed back to a forgiving nation.

Part of the reconciliation was the Army naming military bases and several tanks and armored vehicles after both Union Confederate Generals. Veterans of that war from both sides came together as late as the 1940's. It seems that the further removed we are from this conflict, more and more people forget or learn nothing of this reconciliation. Political agendas are fueled by the vilification of a government that has not existed for over 150 years. The current government has little interest in solving the problems of today.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    This situation does not compare with foreign wars. This was a civil war. The losers were not jailed or summarily executed. The South was punished enough in war. The years following were a period of reconciliation. Robert E Lee Jr was allowed to return to the US Army. General Grant and President Lincoln both resisted efforts to prosecute anyone for treason. Former Confederate officers were welcomed back to a forgiving nation.

Part of the reconciliation was the Army naming military bases and several tanks and armored vehicles after both Union Confederate Generals. Veterans of that war from both sides came together as late as the 1940's. It seems that the further removed we are from this conflict, more and more people forget or learn nothing of this reconciliation. Political agendas are fueled by the vilification of a government that has not existed for over 150 years. The current government has little interest in solving the problems of today.
    Aaah.. Yes.. Finally someone comes with something other then name calling or reading into something that I never wrote.... Wasn't so hard was it? Yes, they did all that you wrote.. They both had enough and just wanted to be one nation... The south was beaten up pretty badly. Mercy and forgiveness amongst brothers. I don't fully agree with it but I understand.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Not justifing it at all.. To correlate statues to dealing with the crime is a weak argument and won't be taken seriously.

You don't remember the crack epidemic of the.. What was it the 80s? 90s? Murder rate was sky high.

Raising LOTS of money to take down statues did nothing to reduce crime, It made you feel better (I did say a few). There was no correlating statues to crime. Had that money been used to combat crime and the sources of crime (social issues), it MAY have made a difference, Taking down the statues did nothing to improve the crime situation. As a matter of fact I'm sure that someone can come up with statistics that would presume to show that crime increased due to the statues coming down.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Raising LOTS of money to take down statues did nothing to reduce crime, It made you feel better (I did say a few). There was no correlating statues to crime. Had that money been used to combat crime and the sources of crime (social issues), it MAY have made a difference, Taking down the statues did nothing to improve the crime situation. As a matter of fact I'm sure that someone can come up with statistics that would presume to show that crime increased due to the statues coming down.
    Where did I say it increased or decreased crime? It didn't make me feel better.... Read what I said and then read the post above yours and my response..

You see how people want to read what they want to read? Did you notice how once they realized what I was getting at... None of them responded.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thomas Jefferson and Washington were part of the United States. They won't be erased and I'd fight to keep it that way if i had to.

Again.. The Confederacy lost... So out you go.. Just like in any war.. Loser takes a backseat and shuts up.

Like it or not, the Confederate states were and still are a part of this country. The call to delete statues of people who fought for the south is a fairly new fight. It’s also not about people being offended. It’s about control. When I said they got to you I knew I was correct, but you confirmed that with your further reasoning. I’m glad you’re happy about the destruction of our history, but It seems like your understanding of our history and the real reasons behind its destruction is skewed. In short, it doesn’t look like you have a clue and you’ve only been sucked into the liberal void. Good luck with that.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Like it or not, the Confederate states were and still are a part of this country. The call to delete statues of people who fought for the south is a fairly new fight. It’s also not about people being offended. It’s about control. When I said they got to you I knew I was correct, but you confirmed that with your further reasoning. I’m glad you’re happy about the destruction of our history, but It seems like your understanding of our history and the real reasons behind its destruction is skewed. In short, it doesn’t look like you have a clue and you’ve only been sucked into the liberal void. Good luck with that.
    Cool story bro..... Your history wouldn't be erased. Everyone will always know the south lost. The only flag that should be flown on govt property is the US flag and the State flag. Lots of losers of a war have "history" but you don't see their statues and flags being celebrated.

Imagine living in a country and having allegiance to a group that didn't agree with that country's government. Sounds like the South needed to let go and assimilate to the country its in.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Cool story bro..... Your history wouldn't be erased. Everyone will always know the south lost. The only flag that should be flown on govt property is the US flag and the State flag. Lots of losers of a war have "history" but you don't see their statues and flags being celebrated.

Imagine living in a country and having allegiance to a group that didn't agree with that country's government. Sounds like the South needed to let go and assimilate to the country its in.

Dude stop, you’re scaring the kids….

I don’t agree with our government regardless of any group.

Tamila32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2022
    Denham springs
    3 YO shot and killed in the Quarter yesterday afternoon.

"Palumbo says he immediately called 911, but was put on hold twice."

“They did call back, within about a minute or so but the fact, to get a recording for 911 when you’ve got a child dying on the sidewalk is pretty ridiculous,” Palumbo said.

Or scroll down on the above linked WWL news article. Another man was stabbed to death on Julia St Tuesday too

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Where did I say it increased or decreased crime? It didn't make me feel better.... Read what I said and then read the post above yours and my response..

You see how people want to read what they want to read? Did you notice how once they realized what I was getting at... None of them responded.

Actually, there were more incidents than normal on every night that a statue was removed. Criminals were taking advantage of police resources being concentrated on the removals.
    A Detective friend of mine even used crime camera footage to identify and arrest a father and son who defaced the base of the PGT Beauregard statue.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Technically the Civil War never ended. It simply moved to the courts where the battle for state's rights continues to this day. The courts are where this conflict should have been settled.
    Believe it or not, Jefferson Davis stayed in Washington DC for 2 weeks after the Southern states voted to secede. Davis was hoping that Lincoln would have had him arrested so that it could have been settled in the courts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom