Cryo-AR mags Test Batch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have 8 new government contract AR 15 30rd mags that have been Cryogenically processed. Grey aluminum with regular followers (not anti-tilt). These are part of a test batch processed by Cajun Cryogenics and i am looking for feedback on their performance. The cryogenic process strengthens the aluminum housing, the plastic follower, and extends the life of the spring. These mags are perfect for long term storage or everyday use. High volume use is preferred for test results purposes. I have been using one of these mags for about 3 months now with no problems at all, but i do not put enough rounds threw it to get a good idea of their performance beyond the typical govt contract mags. That is the question and so I am asking anyone who would like to abuse one of these mags to give it a shot and let me know. When responding with results please do so by email and be as detailed as possible. Magazines are $20.00 each and can be picked up in Baton Rouge or I can mail them to you.
    Thanks
    David
    info@cajuncryogenics.com

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I wanted to share some more information, a typical result from processing springs is a 200% increase in cycle rate. A 300% increase is also possible and is not unheard of. As most of you already know the most common failure for magazine fed firearms are the Magazines themselves and to be able to double the life of the magazine spring is a great advantage. These AR magazines will also be for sale at the gun show in Gonzales Jan 30&31.
    Thanks
    David

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom