Baker Range Info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Thinking about trying out the Baker range. How much does it cost to shoot? Also, what are you allowed to shoot? AR's AK's allowed?

You might need to call and check. Last time I was there a rifle round had went though the back wall and they had to stop shooting them.
    They were supposed to be fixing the problem and should be all fixed by now.

That was about a year ago.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Last time I when there, about 6 months ago, I helped sight in my dad's 300 Mag.

A while ago a rifle round did go through some sort of seam in the barriers I think, but I guess it was fixed.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    I wonder how a round managed to get through? There is so much lead built up i the berm over the years that you should be able to shoot anything less than a cannon and not have to worry about penetration.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I wonder how a round managed to get through? There is so much lead built up i the berm over the years that you should be able to shoot anything less than a cannon and not have to worry about penetration.

Years ago he used to mine the berm and sell the lead. I don't think he does it anymore. I bet that .50 about blew the doors off the hinges.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Mike I think I have them, my brother has my gps so when I see him tonight I'll check

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    I used to work for Jack, so I know how pissed he must have been. I hate to see something like that happen. That range has been there for many a year. Id hate for some idiot like that to cause them to close down. Come to think of it.....that is one HELL of a miss. There is only about 5 inches of wall that isn't covered in dirt.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    When I asked about what I can do/shoot they said they once shot a cannon in there. Not sure if they were serious but I would like to see someone shoot a cannon in an indoor range.

Top Bottom