Scope question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I have a very limited knowledge when it comes to scopes, so I have to consult the local guru's. ;)
    At the range today and tinkering with the scope on my CETME. I finally got the scope mount secured so that it doesn't move under recoil and doesn't pinch the receiver enought to cause the bolt to stick. I have the scope mounted in good rings, (leupold, I think), and everything is centered and level. My problem is even at 100 yds and the ret turned all the way down, I still have a 4-5 mil hold (shooting 4-5 mils over dead center). Are there such things as shims for the scope, or do I need special rings?

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    So, you are having trouble zeroing the scope? And you are shooting way low?

What kind of base are you using? Is it possible that it is on backwards?

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I had the same problem. I had the scope tube pinched. One of the mount rings was not tightened down round. The cross hairs would not move up or down. Had to move scope mounts. First picture shows where the mounts wear and second picture is where I had to move them to

001.jpg

DSC000142.jpg

Wolf

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    +1 on Wolfgang's suggestion, it will have to take some adjustments on positioning on tube, however it may distort your eye relief, if that does not work for you, you may need to get a one piece scope mount with an offset such as Larue or JP rifle, both make a mount that can still give you an offset for eye relief, like the photo

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    It's a semi-cheapy BSA mil-dot. Looks alot like the one wolf has on his FAL actually. The mount is a basic claw type mount made for the G3/CETME. Not sure it can be mounted backwards, it sits level when placed on my countertop. With the crosshair on target, the rounds are impacting 4-5 mils high and I am at the limit of my adjustment.:hs: My rings are close like in the first pic, Wolf, I may have to make another trip and try to spread the ring spacing to see if that makes a difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom