308 Group Buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Just checking to see how many would be interested in buying some. The thing is we would all need to be close to eachother in distance to make it worth while for everyone to save. This way we only pay for shipping once. I live in Mandeville and I travel to Slidell, Hammond, LaPlace and Metairie quite often during the day so linking up with people in this area shouldn't be a problem.

This is .308 Federal Gold Medal Match Ammo. These world renowned loads combine the legendary Sierra MatchKing Boat-Tail Hollow Point bullet with Federal’s proprietary delivery system. Stringent manufacturing controls give you what many experts and international shooters consider the most accurate match round available from a factory. World-class competitors, as well as military and law enforcement officials, choose Gold Medal when it counts the most. This ammo is packed in 20rd. boxes.

I am thinking it would be ruffly $19 for 168gr and $28 for 175gn per box. I am not trying to profit from this I am just trying to get cheap ammo. I am trying to find out which ammo my rifle likes best so I am just wanting to get a box of each, then later on I will try Black Hills and Corbon and eventually start reloading my own.

So, like I said I am just trying to see how many would be interested.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Just checking to see how many would be interested in buying some. The thing is we would all need to be close to eachother in distance to make it worth while for everyone to save. This way we only pay for shipping once. I live in Mandeville and I travel to Slidell, Hammond, LaPlace and Metairie quite often during the day so linking up with people in this area shouldn't be a problem.

This is .308 Federal Gold Medal Match Ammo. These world renowned loads combine the legendary Sierra MatchKing Boat-Tail Hollow Point bullet with Federal’s proprietary delivery system. Stringent manufacturing controls give you what many experts and international shooters consider the most accurate match round available from a factory. World-class competitors, as well as military and law enforcement officials, choose Gold Medal when it counts the most. This ammo is packed in 20rd. boxes.

I am thinking it would be ruffly $19 for 168gr and $28 for 175gn per box. I am not trying to profit from this I am just trying to get cheap ammo. I am trying to find out which ammo my rifle likes best so I am just wanting to get a box of each, then later on I will try Black Hills and Corbon and eventually start reloading my own.

So, like I said I am just trying to see how many would be interested.

I may be interested in selling some Black Hills ammo - some in 168 grain Match Grade and some in 168 grain Triple Shock (Barnes DPX).

I bought a bunch (one case of each) earlier this year when I bought my new DPMS .308, but I think I have determined that my rifle likes the Hornady SST loads better. I will be doing some more testing - as soon as I can coordinate some time off with some calm winds.

I really hate to part with the ammo, but right now it looks as if my rifle (18" barrrel) is going to do better with the lighter Hornady ammo.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    i might be in

i need 308 ammo to feed my ptr 91. but your prices are a little high? what are you buying rounds for, hunting or target practice? maybe if you find some bulk target ammo, or some cheaper? from georgia arms you can get remanufactures 308 ammo, 50 rounds for about 25 dollars, maybe you should touch base with them. me and my friend both shoot 308, so you have two potential people in hammond

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I am after match ammo for accuracy so I would be interested in your BH match.

I shot some of the georgis arms this weekend and I couldn't get good consistency with it. I would shoot 2 shots touching at 100yds the next one would be 3 inches away and the nest one would be touching the others etc... Then the next groups would shoot like a 4 inch star.

I had planned on ordering some Carbon early next month as they are out of 175's til then.

Anyways we dont have to order the same thing to save on shipping. If you want 9mm or .223 or hunting ammo we should be able to swing it. I was just seeing who all would be interested in the Gold Match because the savings are really in buying cases. But like I said we can all buy different stuff, I just figured if I opened it up to everything then I get more interested then I would be willing to front the money on. Also I don't have any use for ammo other than .308 and .40 so if I get stuck with it I would be SOL. But we can try to come up with some sort of buy. I was thinking of purchasing from
    http://ammunitiontogo.com/ as I find they have the best deals.
    Has anyone purchased from them before and know their shipping prices?
    I know some have a flat rate regardless of amount.

If you have some of that Georgia-Arms .308 brass and want to get rid of it I might buy it off you.

Top Bottom