Glock Gen IV?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Slide, Receiver, barrel, recoil assembly, trigger bar, mag release ,magazines, to name a few.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Do they have a G26 in the gen IV yet? IT IS NOT FOR ME!:squint: Well not technically anyway, I think this may be a good direction for my wife. (thats my story and I am sticking with it!)
    Thanks guys and thanks for the above post BearIT, very helpful.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Do they have a G26 in the gen IV yet? IT IS NOT FOR ME!:squint: Well not technically anyway, I think this may be a good direction for my wife. (thanks my story and I am sticking with it!)
    Thanks guys and thanks for the above post BearIT, very helpful.

G22 and G17 at this time to be followed soon by the G23 and G19, others to follow.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    The backstraps are not interchangeable as IMO they should be.

First, you apparently have (new Gen4) perfection already molded into the grip of the gun, and you can simply add more layers of perfection as needed to fit larger hands. ;)

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The backstraps are not interchangeable as IMO they should be.

First, you apparently have (new Gen4) perfection already molded into the grip of the gun, and you can simply add more layers of perfection as needed to fit larger hands. ;)

I like mine with no back straps added.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I know, I was just taking a stab since I could. I really do like the damn things, but I just can't get used to the grip angle. It naturally seems to point high and it's something I would have to train myself out of I guess should I decide to carry one.

I like mine with no back straps added.

Me too, since I got to handle one at the last show. I would've preferred something more like this, even if that base shape wasn't removable, as LSP stated would be better. I am just an enthusiast and I do understand building in simplicity. Apparently what we have now is a compromise to maintain that and try to appease the masses.

DSC04886.JPG

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm still waiting on my new Glock, apparently those of us who had the smarts to purchase our own piece of plastic perfection for duty use will be the last to get the new one. I'm not looking forward to retiring my beloved G17, but I'm a sucker for that "new gun smell".

Does anyone know if parts for the older glocks fit into 4G's? Specifically, extended magazine and slide releases.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm still waiting on my new Glock, apparently those of us who had the smarts to purchase our own piece of plastic perfection for duty use will be the last to get the new one. I'm not looking forward to retiring my beloved G17, but I'm a sucker for that "new gun smell".

Does anyone know if parts for the older glocks fit into 4G's? Specifically, extended magazine and slide releases.

Slide stop yes. The magazine release is a new design and does not interchange between G3 and G4.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'll make the request, and pending the reply they can put it on, or I'll do it myself (at least I'd do it the right way, unlike when they made my G17 go **** up).

I'm sure the mag releases will be along shortly for it, the Vickers you turned me on to is subtle enough for it to go unnoticed I believe.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    that's what I'm running now since the spring got fubar'd on my G17. It's not as gloriously huge as those other ones, but it gets the job done. I may actually like it better on my G26, less chance to bump it up or down with my fingers scrambling for real estate on the smaller frame.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Push a button and the mag comes out... seems pretty straightforward. Depending on hand size, a slightly extended button is preferred by many.

Top Bottom