Winchester .40 S&W 180gr PDX1 Supreme Elite Bonded JHP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is my current SD ammo.

Winchester .40 S&W 180gr PDX1 Supreme Elite Bonded JHP
    Tested by the FBI to see if it can stand up to real world, life threatening situations, this ammunition has impressive expansion and notable velocities at various ranges thanks to Winchester's proprietary bonding process. The engineers have welded together the lead and jacket(Bonded) to obtain controlled expansion and a higher weight retention. The bonding can also take on the toughest barriers at varied ranges and velocities to simulate real world threat.

Upon impact, the jacketed hollow point initiates expansion up to 1-1/2 times the size of the original bullet diameter. The unique notching in the bullet creates six equal segments creating maximum expansion on impact. Finally, Winchester has chosen nickel plated brass to maximize reliability through smooth chambering and case ejection.

Summary-PDX1.jpg

539124.jpg

Ballistics Information:
    • Muzzle Velocity: 1025 fps
    • Muzzle Energy: 420 ft. lbs.

Video Description
    — Basic penetration and expansion test for the Winchester PDX1 Supreme Elite Bonded JHP in .40 S&W. Four layers of denim was used in the test, and wet newspaper packed into one gallon jugs. Video also includes brief segments of "triple taps" to show recoil with a Glock 22.

This a new round (2009) but is already making an impact (no pun intended), as it has been adopted by the FBI as their duty load. It appears this cartridge will perform well, but I greatly appreciate the fact that it is currently widely available at many retail sports outlets, and for a reasonable price.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nc5ToYdcq7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nc5ToYdcq7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I used this as my carry ammo up until last sunday when I sold my Glock 27.. Seems like some mean stuff... I just bought the Glock 29sf and they dont make it in 10mm yet and probably wont.. Heads up.. walmart had a bunch of the .40S&W availiable(prairieville and gonzales) but for my wifes 9mm i had to go to academy on siegan...

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I used this as my carry ammo up until last sunday when I sold my Glock 27.. Seems like some mean stuff... I just bought the Glock 29sf and they dont make it in 10mm yet and probably wont.. Heads up.. walmart had a bunch of the .40S&W availiable(prairieville and gonzales) but for my wifes 9mm i had to go to academy on siegan...

Believe it or not I was just walking by the Sporting Goods section in Walmart, always checking for when they have the Yellow Box 250 rnd. Bulk Rem. UMC ammo, and saw this little black box next to the White Winchester .40 Target Ammo. I was like huh? Black Box? JHP's at Wally World!?!? So I snagged them with a gift card I had :D

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What are the differences between the PDX1 and the Ranger T-series?

Bonded, less expansion and more penetration in the PDX1.
    They may not be any better than Ranger T for the average person unless they have a need for bonded ammo.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wal-Mart ammo prices are way up

great price too... like 20.00

Not great prices for long you all.

All of our Indiana Wal-Marts have raised their ammo prices by 19%. Winchester White Box in 9mm ( for instance ) has gone up from $20.74 per 100 to $23.97 per 100 count box.

Their Federal Bulk 550 .22LR packs also went up from $15.47 to $18.97 each.

Damn, I really hate having too be an ammo hoarder... :squint:

I do watch a site that updates online ammo deals daily:

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/.40_S&W

good price shoppin'

TK

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I really should.. I have a AR chambered in 6.8spc and 10mm now.. I could probably save some money..

Well, cost aside, it's pretty much the only way to get exactly what you want in 10mm. We haven't set our press up yet but we've got all the components to load some JHP that you'd never see in a store, since the .40 and the 10mm projectiles are the same.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Wife and I were just talking this past weekend about this very subject. She was asking priced and how it worked ect... Might be a press in my future. I have always just shot Wally World ammo.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I picked up a box of the .38special 130gr +P from Wally World about a month ago.It sure looks nice, have not had the chance to shoot any yet though. Since then at Academy, we started carrying the 124gr 9mm +P, the 130gr .38 +P, the 165gr and 180gr .40 S&W, and the 230gr 45acp. If I remember correctly and was not dreaming, yesterday at work I saw inthe computer that we had a case, 10 boxes, of thie PDX1 bonded in 45 colt that was due in this morning... So if anyone wants someof that Academy on Siegen should have it right now. It will probably go fast, andprobably wonlt be too easy to find

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom