Gun show prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Went to Lamar today. I get more unimpressed each time I go with the quality of what they have and the prices. I saw a Smith model 19 that had pitting on it and the guy wanted $650 for it. There were a couple of table that had some okay deals on police turn USP's and glocks.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    I went to look for nagant one side they were $120.00 left side $150 all rough, hooked up with Landry on a sweet m95 at a deal. even mags and ammo were way high. Mrs Landrys pralines sure made up for a boring show man they were the best I have had.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Yep. Not too much going on there. I did buy some ammo for the SKS I bought from WHBonney and some stripper clips.

I did see an 1895 for what I thought might be an OK price and a couple of worn 12 gauges (one was a Wingmaster) that could be refinished.

I saw an older used Mini 14 for $650! :rofl: There were new Mini's for around $700.

Attendance was much lower too. Not nearly as crowded.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Yep. Not too much going on there. I did buy some ammo for the SKS I bought from WHBonney and some stripper clips.

I did see an 1895 for what I thought might be an OK price and a couple of worn 12 gauges (one was a Wingmaster) that could be refinished.

I saw an older used Mini 14 for $650! :rofl: There were new Mini's for around $700.

Attendance was much lower too. Not nearly as crowded.

Now get out there and shoot that SKS man.

I noticed that last weekend at the Slidell gun show the prices were down from last time it was held. Last time the prices were just crazy.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I saw an older used Mini 14 for $650

Must have been the same guy that had a Winchester M1 carbine for $1800.00. He told me that they were as rare as they come. I told him funny because aim surplus had a winchester lot for $699 each 45 days ago.

jjh

hello???
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 25, 2007
    Covington, La
    I picked up a wasr-10 for 400 (compared to 459.00) and a ruger charger for 199.00 with laser (woohoo....lol) and Red dot which was good I thought.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I stopped going to gun shows 4-5 years ago. The deals are few and far between.

-Dave

It is RARE INDEED that I don't come back from a show having done a deal...

This last show in Slidell...

Picked up a Nicked S&W 19 (Pinned and Recessed) For $300

Found for a buddy a NICE Buckmark for $185.
    (I coulda got it for $175... He still had 'haggling' experence needed)

Passed on a $400 S&W Model 17 and a $400 Glock 17 gen 3 with Night sites. (They were old) and a $175 Ruger MK2 (Too high, last one I bought at a show (Within 6 months) was $110)

Ya'll go ahead and skip gunshows... More deals for me!:D:p

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    It is RARE INDEED that I don't come back from a show having done a deal...

Man, it's tough at the small shows down here. Don't get me wrong - you CAN find deals, but usually it's on stuff that I'm not looking for, which doesn't help me.

Last time I went to one (when I was 15 or so), some guy tried to sell me a "special edition" 10/22 for $250. This was when you could buy one on sale for $115.

-Dave

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've got some pretty good deals from guys selling their guns around the floor. You can usually offer them more than they'd get on a trade and still pay less than a dealer would want for the same weapon. I've picked up a couple of nice milsurps that way.

dave

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Man, it's tough at the small shows down here. Don't get me wrong - you CAN find deals, but usually it's on stuff that I'm not looking for, which doesn't help me.

Last time I went to one (when I was 15 or so), some guy tried to sell me a "special edition" 10/22 for $250. This was when you could buy one on sale for $115.

-Dave
    Yeah I just go to the ones around here for parts or mags, and I just like to look at guns.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I've got some pretty good deals from guys selling their guns around the floor. You can usually offer them more than they'd get on a trade and still pay less than a dealer would want for the same weapon. I've picked up a couple of nice milsurps that way.

dave

I thought about doing some of that, but didn't. I might look for those deals next time.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The Slidell show was mostly the same boat. Luckily the Turpin Tactical guys were there selling Wilderness belts, of which I needed a new, smaller one, and Comptac accessories, of which I should have picked up a few things. So I'll be going to the Slidell show from now on, armed with the knowledge that at least the Turpin table will have something for me to buy.

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Lots of good deals at the Slidell show--depending on what you were looking for. Saw several Glocks in .40 S&W/9mm for $389. a couple of fix'er up 1100s--bought one(80%) for $166 out the door! Has 30 inch full choke, plain barrel and decent wood--will be a project gun for next 6 months. Saw a 1950s Colt Commander in .38 Super for $500--pitted and loose but good internals--great "play" gun. S&W M&P .38 special--$185--Rough exterior but mechanically okay. Good "walk in the woods" piece". Deals are there but you have to look and be patient--wait until an hour before the show closes. Then haggle.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    One mans trash, anothers treasure.

But I do love to come on here after a weekend and watch the comments.:D

Seems like I always find a GREAT deal...right after I just spent the money I came in with. :). Would agree that it's hilarious some of the stories you hear as you walk around. That in itself is almost worth the $8.00.

But...I am getting annoyed at the use of the word "rare". Seems everything is "rare". Well, maybe not annoyed, irritated perhaps? Sometimes want to ask them, "how would you consider that rare if they made like 6 bazillion of them?" Maybe it's just me.

skyblue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    mandeville
    I sold 2 and traded one at Gonzales and was relatively happy with the deals I made. I enjoy talking with different people and checking the market. There aren't a lot of deals from dealers but there is a lot to see. I enjoy just spending some time and seeing the inventory. Always learn something.

Top Bottom