Taking my CCL class at Shooters Club tomorrow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I am going to Shooters Club for 11AM to take the all day CCL class. Just throw this out there and curious if anyone else is going from here tomorrow or if anyone is considering it and would like to come along.

Cheers,

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Was simple. Honestly, I could have done the class in maybe 2-3 hours total. The class took so long because people are slow to take tests and read. No worries, though, I enjoyed it.

Also, I was happy that they let us do everything we needed to do to send the packet in (short of weighing it and buying stamps). They finger printed us, they had a notary there to notarize the pages you needed, they even took pictures etc. I left with everything I needed to go to the post office and get a money order and ship the envelope off.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Was simple. Honestly, I could have done the class in maybe 2-3 hours total. The class took so long because people are slow to take tests and read. No worries, though, I enjoyed it.

Also, I was happy that they let us do everything we needed to do to send the packet in (short of weighing it and buying stamps). They finger printed us, they had a notary there to notarize the pages you needed, they even took pictures etc. I left with everything I needed to go to the post office and get a money order and ship the envelope off.
    I hear ya. I spent a LOT of time hanging out in the shop. They give you an hour for tests/reading that took me about 4 minutes. And the videos are HORRIBLE. :rofl:

But like you said, the convenience makes it all worthwhile. You can spend your time in a gun shop, or driving all over looking for prints, photos, notaries, etc.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yeah, that what I heard. So I decided to contact someone else for the class and set up a class on the 18th. Rich Uyeda is our instructor and from what Morie told us. We will be walking out of the class with a lot of knowledge about CCL.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    The wife and I are taking the class this Sun. with Brian who also came recommended by Morey. Been putting it off way too long!:o

Top Bottom