Someone confirm Chicago Shotgun laws please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I will be in Chicago all summer for an internship and realize you cant own a handgun in Chicago. However from everything ive read i think i can have a shotgun. Is this correct? and what are the minimum overall lenngths on shotguns and rules governing the plug being in or out

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I suggest posting this on BARFCOM

Here is a little about their guns law, don't get me wrong Johnson is a POS He is a NFL player they have some FUped laws

In November 2005, Johnson was arrested at the Excalibur nightclub in Chicago's Cook County for possession of a handgun in his sport utility vehicle. Illinois law dictates that "It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business."[9] Illinois and Wisconsin are the only U.S. states that do not issue Concealed Carry Permits. Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to 18 months probation and 40 hours of community service.[10]

On December 14, 2006, Lake County police officers searched Johnson's home in Gurnee, Illinois, and allegedly discovered that he possessed six firearms, including two assault rifles. According to police reports, some of the guns were loaded and there were children in the house.

On April 30, Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge as part of an arrangement with prosecutors that will keep him from serving additional jail time. He was sentenced to 45 days in jail, which was served concurrently with a four-month sentence he's already serving in the Cook County Jail for violating his probation; to donate $2,500 to the Gurnee Police Department and $2,500 to the Gurnee Exchange Club's child abuse prevention program

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom