How do I get the barrel catch back on my Uberti Schofield?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Above said question. I slide it back on but it won't seem to quite go on entirely so I can screw it in. It looks like there is some kind of little spring piece sticking up that forces it forward when assembled on the right side of the gun and a notch on the on the side of the latch for it.

I just replaced a bolt spring and finally got the gun back together except for this. I tried forcing it a little but forcing can lead to unpleasant things I've learned

Thanks
    Doug

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    it doesn't exactly need to be "fixed" as there is nothing broken. I'm just trying to figure out how to put the piece back on. It looks fairly simple I'm probably just not doing something right. I'll post pictures later

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Post it on the SASS website. Im sure someone there could help you in no time.

I myself have not purchased the Schofield model yet :wtc: so I have not got to take one apart yet.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    sigh....after all this trouble...I just figured it out. It WAS a simple thing. Sometimes force is a bad thing...sometimes it's a good thing. In this case it was the latter. I just put the latch in place, pushed it forward towards the cylinder and it snapped in place.....

Top Bottom