350 grain pellet for hog hunting??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    After my truck goes to the body shop I'll pick one up. Buy once cry once really applies here
    Good luck, let us know which you decide to get and some pictures after you get it. Most buy from Pyramydair, but you may shop around and find a better deal if someone has a sale going on. They will have most everything you need to go along with whatever you choose.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Air rifles are not legal for deer hunting in Louisiana.
    Check the regulations---smallest legal weapon is a centerfire .22 cal. Dude in in North La. got busted for shooting a huge rack and entered in Simmons big buck contest but he shot it with a .204 Ruger.

only thing the regs state is the minimum diameter of the projectile.

there are several air rifle hunting forua and fb groups. a few from Louisiana too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'd get several opinions before proceeding with these for deer. I can tell you the pamphlets last year said air rifles were legal for taking squirrels, rabbits, and outlaw quadrupeds. Didn't mention being legal for anything else....

Legal Gear
    –– Legal archery gear or a shotgun not larger
    than a 10 gauge fired from the shoulder
    without a rest is legal for taking all
    resident game birds and quadrupeds.
    –– Handgun, rifle and falconry (special permit
    required) is legal for taking all game
    species EXCEPT turkey.
    –– Air rifles are legal for taking squirrels,
    rabbits, and outlaw quadrupeds.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Co worker showed me a video yesterday. Guy was dropping hogs with a air rifle. Was around 350 grain. Showed head shots instantly dropping the hog. Anyone seen this video? Know what rifle was used?

There are some pretty good adult air guns on the market for hunting large game. I have watched several hunting shows that show big bore air guns being used to hunt deer, hogs and other game. One that comes to mind is Air Gunners Hawaii TV but there are several more out there.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    "I'd get several opinions before proceeding with these for deer. I can tell you the pamphlets last year said air rifles were legal for taking squirrels, rabbits, and outlaw quadrupeds. Didn't mention being legal for anything else...."

This.
    I don't see anything about air guns and deer hunting. They may be legal for outlaw quadrupeds, but I want to see it in writing and I sure don't believe it when one game warden says it's okey dokey, but 3 other game wardens will be writing tickets and confiscating air rifles.
    I want to see it in writing from the Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries and or posted on their website and/or published in their hunting pamphlet.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom