PLS CLOSE THREAD Gun SOLD 5-5-10, S&W 625-7 45LC Mtn Gun (St. Francisville)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    GUN & BRASS SOLD, some ammo sold: walnut S&W grips, most ammo still available

Price is $610 FTF in Baton Rouge area, including 53 rds. of handloads FTF only. These are 255g LRNFP, large meplat, over 8.0g Unique, MV over chrono 869.7fps, SD 13.74.
    Gun is $640 shipped--no ammo included
    . SOLD to Tadpole 5-4-10, 2200 hrs

Includes original box, manual, cable lock. Pre-lock. MIM hammer, trigger. This Mountain Gun is a great revolver--I'm just going "retro/old school" with my collection. Approximately 300-400 rds. fired.

1. Beautiful, brand-new S&W walnut, finger-groove stocks: $50.

2. RCBS dies, plus Lee FCD: $35 SOLD

3. Handloads (NOTE: I loaded them with great care, but use at your own risk. I use them, and my wife & kids do, too. I use safe reloading practices and keep a clean bench.)
    a. $35/100 rds. 350 rds. of 230g TC-TL cast bullets over 8.0g Unique (810fps, 4" bbl) Will sell all 300 for $110.
    b. 134 rds. of 250g Round Nose Flat Point (RNFP) bullets, over 7.3g Winchester 231 powder. These are D&J brand, commercially-cast bullets. Chrono'ed velocity in 4" revolver: 743.8 fps. SD = 24.33 fps. 100 rds = $35. All 134 rds = $45. S/PF
    c. 114 rds. of 255g Wadcutter (WC) bullets, over 7.0g Unique powder. These are commercially-cast, Mt. Baldy brand bullets. Chrono'ed velocity, 4" revolver: 797 fps. SD = 13.74fps. 100 rds = $35. All 114 = $40. 50 are S/PF

4. Will sell mixed, primed brass for $18/100. I have about 250-300; will count exactly for serious buyer. Brass has been fired from 1 to about 5 times. SOLD

NOTE: If I ship ammo, I will add actual UPS shipping costs.

May trade ammo for .45ACP reloading materials.

These items are priced to sell; sorry, but at this time I'm not interested in reducing them unless you buy a lot of it.

Am posting on other forums also.

Cash or M.O. First "I'll take it" buys it, pls follow with PM and email to danamangham@hotmail.com

Thanks for looking. Glad to answer questions, provide more photos.

Last edited:

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Tombstone,
    Per our discussion a few minutes ago, Eddie from Lafayette made a telephonic offer & I made a counteroffer. After he responds tomorrow I will let you know.

Unless he takes it, the gun with both the OEM Hogue grips & the S&W walnut grips are yours, S/PF.

I enjoyed talking to you! Here are the links I mentioned:
    www.mangham.org (about my book on ancestors in the Civil War)

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398325 (about my penetration tests with .38 S&W, especially the 200g LRN and LFN bullets) I've posted the same reports on many other forums such as GBO, THR, Cast Bullet Assn., Cast Boolits, DefensiveCarry.com, Smith-Wessonforum.com, etc., and each thread has generated lots of interest and the discussion has developed in different ways. I've enjoyed it hugely, especially since my .38S&W/200 essentially duplicates the old ".38 Super Police" AND the British Army 1930s service load. As we discussed, the Brits replaced it with a 178g FMJ load prior to WWII due to Hague Convention concerns; that much-maligned load actually hits far, far harder than many give it credit for!!! Clearly, those who despised it were using ammo in which the cordite powder charge had been degraded by heat, etc. as my "tests" against water-filled jugs show, the 200g LFNs plow thru 6 at a velocity of approx. 600fps! Slow, controllable, AND it will penetrate to the vitals!

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Congratulations, Tombstone, the 625-7 and walnut stocks are yours for $650, and I will throw in 50 rds. of handloads. It is a fine gun & you will enjoy it. PM follows.

All: the remainder of the ammo, all primed brass, and reloading dies are still available.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, I don't know what's happened to Tombstone; if anyone out there knows him, please let me know what's going on.

In the meantime, I'm re-opening the listing for the 625-7 Mountain Gun.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom