Pmag infomercial, lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    So, it's really ok, yall can give it a rest. I think everyone understands the fact that you don't care for magpul.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If you watch the vid carefully he appears to drop something into the al mag. So methinks the vid was rigged. I am not 100% on this so I have dis-assembled all of my ar15 mags and placed them in a bucket of sand on the front lawn. Better safe than sorry.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    So, it's really ok, yall can give it a rest. I think everyone understands the fact that you don't care for magpul.

I don't have any hate for magpul. I have some of their stocks, and a box of their mags. I was just pointing out that he "cant" trust them with his life, yet he is trying to say they are for professionals.........

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I don't have any hate for magpul. I have some of their stocks, and a box of their mags. I was just pointing out that he "cant" trust them with his life, yet he is trying to say they are for professionals.........

me neither!!

ive got nothing but magpul furniture on my AR and im using Pmags!

i just thought the video was funny

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't know, email him and ask him, he is the one that typed it in the description of his "infomercial". Look at the quote in my post, the 3rd in this thread. I copied it verbatim from the youtube video. :rolleyes:

Got it. I misread what he typed. I get it now.

Wasn't sure who was going for the sarcasm...you or him.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The only thing I dislike about PMAGs is that they don't stack nice and flat like USGI mags. They've got all those ridges protruding. Bullets do slide out of them smoothly though.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The only thing I dislike about PMAGs is that they don't stack nice and flat like USGI mags. They've got all those ridges protruding. Bullets do slide out of them smoothly though.

They won't fit in my Pelican SOPMOD case that has cut out for USGI mags. Nonetheless, of the horde that I have, I have only opened one in an attempt to get it to fail. It has spit out around 5k rounds through two different rifles without cleaning, and never had a single failure. 55 grain FMJBT, 62 grain M855, 62 grain PSP, 69 grain OTM, 75 grain TAP and most recently, 77 grain SMK. Snug in the mag well, reliable and sturdy-- above all of their other products (of which I own many), the PMAG is by far my favorite.

I definitely understand LSP's point, as well as some of the other detractors on this board that have issues with their marketing practices. Both are efforts to elevate the training and products over other, equally viable options, and a lot of people find it funny/annoying/tactless. Frankly, I feel that way about all advertising, so I am easily capable of ignoring it. But they are valid objections, just the same.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    They won't fit in my Pelican SOPMOD case that has cut out for USGI mags. Nonetheless, of the horde that I have, I have only opened one in an attempt to get it to fail. It has spit out around 5k rounds through two different rifles without cleaning, and never had a single failure. 55 grain FMJBT, 62 grain M855, 62 grain PSP, 69 grain OTM, 75 grain TAP and most recently, 77 grain SMK. Snug in the mag well, reliable and sturdy-- above all of their other products (of which I own many), the PMAG is by far my favorite.

I definitely understand LSP's point, as well as some of the other detractors on this board that have issues with their marketing practices. Both are efforts to elevate the training and products over other, equally viable options, and a lot of people find it funny/annoying/tactless. Frankly, I feel that way about all advertising, so I am easily capable of ignoring it. But they are valid objections, just the same.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that every company believes their product provides something superior to others? Otherwise why would they bring it to market?

No matter what product you go with, there will inevitably be trade-offs over its competitors.

Other than stacking :rolleyes: and backwards compatibility with relic GI issue gear, give us a couple of ways that the old GI Mags or Gi collapsible stocks are better that a PMAG or CTR?

granted, some companies are just putting out crap (TAPCO comes to mind) but according to many here, MAGPUL puts out "great gear"

SO what are these "advertising practices " you are referring to?

Could the entire US Military, which is slowly transitioning over as the enormous GI mag supply dwindles down, almost every person who carries a carbine in the performance of their job, and every guy I know who has done actual trigger time overseas be wrong?

i guess so.

I just do not see, in the instance of the PMAG, how it is not a superior product to most other polymer mags and metal GI mags.

And for the others, save me the MAGPUL kool-aid ****. This argument can be transferred to almost any product line on the industry, but this thread is about Magpul.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have never used Pmags, have heard alot of good things. What makes them better than the metal GI mags?

That's my question...or actually the opposite.

Pros:
    They do not get dented.
    The feed lips do not bend the same as Gi Mags
    They do not retain heat like aluminum mags.
    They do not cut you like aluminum mags
    They come in different colors for coolness and different ammo loads
    They are easier to grip when wet / muddy.
    They have dust covers, that may help for some.
    They are polymer which makes them impervious to all conditions which affect metal.

Cons:
    Currently more expensive than GI Mags
    DO not fit some older gear.
    Do not stack as nicely as GI mags

If anyone has more of either, lets discuss.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom