Larue Tactical Multigun AAR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Finished shooting the Larue Tactical Multigun today. Thought I'd post a bit about the match. Overall, fun match, very challenging. No big toy to play with like the Minigun last year, but still fun. Really tested your skills in out-of-the-ordinary shooting.

The new range in Cawthon, TX (just south of College Station) is nice and will be even nicer in the future. LOTS of acreage to put in all sorts of bays, berms, or whatever else. I took some video of a few stages, but unfortunately, I didn't realize how bad the camera was at taking video. Pretty much useless. I'm sure some folks will be posting video on Youtube soon.

Stage 1: Tunnel rat stage. My worst stage :(. They had two tunnels constructed from pallets. You had to crawl through the first one, pick up your shottie, engage 9 birdshot and 1 slug, then transition to the other side, do 5 more bird and 1 slug, crawl through second tunnel and pick up rifle, engage a few static paper and a stomp box releasing a trolley with two paper, transition to the other side and repeat (more statics and another trolley).

Stage 2: Door breach stage. Did reasonably well on this one. Start at door with two dowel rods holding it closed. On signal bust the dowel rods with shottie, open door, enter, load one slug, engage one birdshot and one slug (popper). Ditch shottie, charge rifle (which was slung) and engage several arrays avoiding your chosen "no shoot" marked targets. Limited to 26 rifle which caused you to transition to handgun to finish out the stage.

Stage 3: Long range stage. Okay stage for me. Start by engaging 8 pistol targets at about 10 yards-ish, run to first rifle part and take 3 paper targets at 10-15 yards-ish, run to second position, go prone and engage 7 Larue targets and 2 flashers ranging from 75 yards to 450 yards.

Stage 4. Lefty-righty stage. Okay stage for me. 8 pistol to start, 4 each with left hand only and right hand only through low-ish ports. Move to staged Larue OBR suppressed 308 rifle with one shot at 300. Hit or miss and move on. Pick up your rifle, move to lefty position, engage 2 close paper, go prone and engage 4 flash targets at 250 yards LEFT HANDED. Move to center position and take 3 Larues at 100 yards standing. Move to righty position and 2 more close paper and repeat on the 4 flashers right handed.

Stage 5: Ports stage. Decent stage for me. All three guns staged on a table. Grab pistol, run to ported wall and engage 3 paper through one port, mag change, engage one popper and Texas star through another port. Texas star was tricky because they forced you to take the bottom plate first. Ditch handgun, run back and grab shottie, engage 4 bird and 2 slugs through one port, 4 bird and 2 slugs through another port. Ditch shottie, run back and grab rifle and engage 4 targets at ~125 yards through 45 degree offset port, mag change, engage 4 more at ~125 through 90 degree offset port.

Stage 6: Barrels stage. Not a good one for me. Start with shottie and engage 5 birds and 1 slug from one box, move to other side and repeat with 5 more bird and 1 slug. Ditch shottie, pick up rifle. There were 6 paper at ~75 yards-ish. First target was standing. Second, third, and fifth were through barrels on ground, fourth was through barrel stacked up, and sixth was standing again. You had to go through those six targets one time with one hand (right or left), then repeat with the other hand. Trick was, with the low barrels, you could NOT go prone.

Stage 7: The stage got thrown out due to time problems, but it was a jungle run down through a wooded creek with all three guns. Didn't get to shoot it.

Stage 8: Truck stage. My best stage. In the back of a moving truck, engage 12 birdshot and 2 slugs. Ditch shottie, pick up rifle. Truck has stopped by this point. Engage 8 close paper Mozambique (two in the body, one in the head), then transition to a 90 degree offset port on the side of the truck and enage 4 steel at ~100 yards. Fun stage. Made you move quickly 'cause if you missed something, you couldn't make it up.

That's it for now. Wanted to post something while it was still fresh. Look for videos on Youtube to be posted in the next few days.

usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    This is always an excellent match to go to. Some of the north LA crew made it again this year. We didn't get as drunk this year the night before the match and actually did a whole lot better this year. I highly recommend this one. I know I'll be going back as long as I can. The prize table was awesome again this year.

Top Bottom