Speculation on What South Korea will do Next

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Interesting article. We are acknowledging that North Korea was responsible for sinking South Koreas ship but not stating it is an act of war. I am interested to see how this will pan out. Considering our military base in the area it would be hard to believe if military actions materialized out of this it would not include us.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/20/AR2010052003135.html

What does everyone think? Especially about China's role in an over response by South Korea?

Statements form each country: Ours sounds like it was written by a flaccid penis....

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64J0P120100520

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    open a can of whoop ass!:mamoru:

For real.

Sorry SIN,

I gave such a short answer b/c you could seriously drive yourself nuts thinking about all this crap. N. Korea has been doing this crap for years with NOTHING happening. If it continues, great, if finally something happens, Then let's do it.

It's one of those things I find pointless to discuss b/c they've been crying wolf since the last war.

Hence My answer, Bring it! Put up or shut up.

Sick of giving these punks the attention that they crave and receive every time they make a threat.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    For real.

Sorry SIN,

I gave such a short answer b/c you could seriously drive yourself nuts thinking about all this crap. N. Korea has been doing this crap for years with NOTHING happening. If it continues, great, if finally something happens, Then let's do it.

It's one of those things I find pointless to discuss b/c they've been crying wolf since the last war.

Hence My answer, Bring it! Put up or shut up.

Sick of giving these punks the attention that they crave and receive every time they make a threat.

Gotcha was just looking for informed individuals to give me info I guess

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If we were to do something against N. Korea, wouldn't it have to be a single massive attack on all military installations in the country so that they don't get the chance to launch any nukes?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    We could always tell Israel that Kim Jong-il has been telling some tasteless Holocaust jokes...:chuckles:

I'm afraid that's about as imaginative a solution as Big O's administration can offer....

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    It's difficult to give a short answer because I don't really think there is one.
    One thing we should have done is brought to a more satisfactory conclusion the "Forgotten War" of the last century, but we did not.
    N Korea is like a petulant child who is never strongly disciplined. We keep telling it off and tut tuting, enforcing sanctions and going back to the negotiating table each time they threaten to re-start their nuclear reactors and they obtain from us relief supplies or what ever ( a famine in the country has existed since the mid nineties) upon agreement they will do as asked but never keep their end of the deal and so the cycle continues.
    One thing is for sure, the N Korean mindset/attitude is alien to us in the western hemisphere and little understood.
    That coupled with a country that has a population of 22 mil I believe (?), and a 1 million strong army makes for a very dangerous force as they have never known what it is to have something they don't want to lose. The so called "freedom" we cherish so much for instance.
    China is another element in the equation and an unpredictable one. Obviously having the North as a neighbor it would like for the relationship to be stable and if they do go off the deep end and declare "war" how is China to react?
    The armchair quarterbacking on this will be interesting to watch and given that N Korea is always full of bellicose so it is hard to know if they are mouthing off or not, how this plays out will be bad for them or really bad all around.
    Not sure if covert ops are or ever have been much of an option so intel is limited and of course- they are a nuclear power.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    When I think of the North Koreans they always bring to mind the old saying when someone is trying to rip you off - "Don't **** in my pocket and tell me it's raining" lol

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Odd Factoid

It's difficult to give a short answer because I don't really think there is one.
    One thing we should have done is brought to a more satisfactory conclusion the "Forgotten War" of the last century, but we did not.
    N Korea is like a petulant child who is never strongly disciplined. We keep telling it off and tut tuting, enforcing sanctions and going back to the negotiating table each time they threaten to re-start their nuclear reactors and they obtain from us relief supplies or what ever ( a famine in the country has existed since the mid nineties) upon agreement they will do as asked but never keep their end of the deal and so the cycle continues.
    One thing is for sure, the N Korean mindset/attitude is alien to us in the western hemisphere and little understood.
    That coupled with a country that has a population of 22 mil I believe (?), and a 1 million strong army makes for a very dangerous force as they have never known what it is to have something they don't want to lose. The so called "freedom" we cherish so much for instance.
    China is another element in the equation and an unpredictable one. Obviously having the North as a neighbor it would like for the relationship to be stable and if they do go off the deep end and declare "war" how is China to react?
    The armchair quarterbacking on this will be interesting to watch and given that N Korea is always full of bellicose so it is hard to know if they are mouthing off or not, how this plays out will be bad for them or really bad all around.
    Not sure if covert ops are or ever have been much of an option so intel is limited and of course- they are a nuclear power.
    You remind me of something that "bothers" me. I was informed by several South Koreans as well as numerous Chinese that the North and South Korean people seek unification. They did not say the Governments but if the people seek this then certainly some of the gov't agents will, too.

This event could be to stall unification talks; I dunno... just something that raises it's head from time to time.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think our foriegn policy is like a big dead cow floating out to sea with sharks circling.

The sharks don't know wtf to make of it so they are taking a few test bites to see what happens. Once they figure it out, they will have a feeding frenzy.

Say what you will, but GWB wouldn't have let the Mexican president chastise our country on the floor of our congress, or let NK sink **** without losing a thing or two, Brazil and Iran wouldn't be holding hands, we wouldn't tell the Israelis they couldn't fly over airspace we control to strike Iran, etc.

Our so-called "allies" are abandoning Obama like rats jumping from a sinking ship.

The Iran/Brazil/Turkey nuclear pact emphasizes our foreign policy failure (or complete lack thereof), and very likely will assure Iran of meeting it's nuclear ambitions- while sending the message to Israel that when it comes to dealing with a nuclear Iran, they are on their own.

Just this week an Iranian official boasted that Iran "could destroy Israel in a week if attacked." With the current situation, that is very dangerous talk.

I do not believe Israel will allow this to go on without striking Iran. JMHO.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think our foriegn policy is like a big dead cow floating out to sea with sharks circling.

The sharks don't know wtf to make of it so they are taking a few test bites to see what happens. Once they figure it out, they will have a feeding frenzy.

Say what you will, but GWB wouldn't have let the Mexican president chastise our country on the floor of our congress, or let NK sink **** without losing a thing or two, Brazil and Iran wouldn't be holding hands, we wouldn't tell the Israelis they couldn't fly over airspace we control to strike Iran, etc.

I'd rather call GWB a grinning backstabber, he should have enforced immigration just for the sake of his own state

Seems GWB did a whole lot of not stopping the flow of illegals, pandering to his friends to keep them in cheap labor, instead he's opened a whole sack of free liberal voters who just happen to be criminals

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm not blind to GWB's massive flaws but I'd prefer him to BHO.

Ok, but I really believe the two have the same boss and GW would have had us where he was told or sleep with the fishes, I don't think theres a dimes difference in the two except I liked GW, funny bumblin texan he was

this obama guy is a dik by every description

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    South Korea, Israel, have experienced first hand the about face of the United States with regard to their being an ally of ours and that we are now a weenie Nation. We will not even defend ourselves much less protect our allies. Their big mistake was allying themselves with us to be under our protective umbrella. Now they realize they are on their own. They cannot count on us.

Folks, America has not won a war since WW2, and we barely won that one.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    You remind me of something that "bothers" me. I was informed by several South Koreans as well as numerous Chinese that the North and South Korean people seek unification. They did not say the Governments but if the people seek this then certainly some of the gov't agents will, too.

This event could be to stall unification talks; I dunno... just something that raises it's head from time to time.

Unification?
    Why would South Korea want 22 million peasants to cross their border seeking repatriation?

Why would China be seeking a "developed" country, (as a unified Korea would then be) on it's own border. It has none at present.
    The two largest countries are India and Russia, but Russia is cushioned by Mongolia and Khazakstan.

...........Just a thought.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd rather call GWB a grinning backstabber, he should have enforced immigration just for the sake of his own state

Seems GWB did a whole lot of not stopping the flow of illegals, pandering to his friends to keep them in cheap labor, instead he's opened a whole sack of free liberal voters who just happen to be criminals
    Ding, ding, ding! :)

There is PLENTY of fault to go around and the majority lies in the mirrors of "career Dems and Repubs" both in Congress and the general public...

Top Bottom