Transfers, Fees, and attitudes about same in Metairie?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Who do you use in Metairie for having an order placed and shipped to them for you?

What are their fees?

How is their attitude about it? Meaning that some stores could care less and are happy to have the $35.00 to $50.00 in revenue, and other places act like you are a traitorous dog for even thinking about saving money on the internet. :)

So...who do you use and how do they rate?

Looking perhaps at taking the plunge on the new Remington R1 1911, have seen them now out in bulk via Gunbroker and seem to be a pretty good deal for an American made, all steel, 1911 with a few basic refinements for under $600 from LOTS of sources.

Any answers greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I make the drive to Gramercy to use Gmshooter. He's a real full service guy. A transfer with James in $15 if you are a contributing member to the site or $25 if not (I think this is right).

James Louque
    Louques Firearms LLC.
    225-206-1908

I have also used Sharpshooter Services & Supply. He is LEO and operates a FFL out of his home in Kenner. His transfers are $25.

(504) 443-3232

Both are great guys to deal with.

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have used 10-8 before. They were fine until they realized I had not made any purchases there before the transfer. The salesguy gave me a guilt trip about a transfer being the first business I had done with them.

I would do business with them again because of the selection in stock, but I wouldn't go out of my way to give them the business because of my experience.

dockbox

Lead Farmer
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    Jefferson Gun Outlet on David. I ship all my purchases through them. 35.00 discounted to 25.00 if you are a member of the NRA. In fact my latest Gunbroker Item is on its way as we speak!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Jefferson Gun Outlet on David. I ship all my purchases through them. 35.00 discounted to 25.00 if you are a member of the NRA. In fact my latest Gunbroker Item is on its way as we speak!

I've used them in the past. $25 for NRA members and it's convenient. Don't expect them to call when your stuff comes in though. I've had firearms sit there for 3-4 days before I called them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom