Rem 700 parts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Just got a 700 varmint 308 from another board member here. Got my AICS 1.5 on its way from TurpinTactical.

I need a trigger, base, and rings.

Im thinking about the nightforce 20 moa base, burris extreme medium rings, and timney 1 1/2 to 4 lb trigger.

Anything else I should look at or do those pieces sound good?

Plans are to shoot the crap out of it and rebarrel, hopefully go to some Fclass matches at Palo Alto, and when the time comes get some time out at the VATA range that is in the works.

And maybe a muzzle brake, .308 isnt really that tough of a round but it may help. Which brakes should I look at?

Im pretty stoked and cant wait to shoot it, I need to put some stiff up for sale to justify this.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    If you want to shoot matches can't have a muzzle brake. Can have the barrel threaded but no muzzle brake can be on it. I would highly recommend a Jewel trigger (in my opinion the best trigger out there).

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Ya, I was looking at the Jewell, but with a AICS I found a lot of people had to modify the chassis. Thats not really something I want to do to a $800++ stock, unless it is hands down the most awesome trigger ever. If its just marginal then Ill sacrifice that one part. Maybe I should make a poll as to whether or not its worth it?

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I think hands down the jewel is the absolute best trigger out there. Talk to just about any competetive shooter and ask what trigger they use.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom