Training In The Park -- SUNDAY 27 June

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    I figured I'd try and give a bit more notice this time. :rofl:

What: Training In the Park
    When: 1300hrs Sunday 27 June 2010
    Where: Manchac Park, 9010 Old Jefferson Highway, BR, LA

I'll have dummy guns, training knives, inert OC, etc.

Topic ideas?

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I'll try to be there. Have to check the family schedule, but I think it will work.

Lyon

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Yale is asking for weapon retention. It's an important and overlooked skill for anyone who carries a gun. A lot of people have significant misconceptions about weapon retention. One of the big ones being 'I carry concealed. Why would I need it?'

The simple fact is that a whole lot gun grabs involving private citizen/plain clothes cops/etc start as a physical encounter. Dude smashes you in the face and in the mad scramble following the initial crash, he becomes aware of the gun on your hip. Now, you've been sucker punched, are seeing 'tweety birds' and have to fight to maintain possession of your firearm. Ugly situation.

What else?

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    That's ARRL Field Day weekend. I will be working until 8am then will likely drive over to the BREC Observatory on Highland Road to join the Baton Rouge Amateur Radio Club ( http://www.lsu.edu/brarc/index.htm ) for their Field Day events. Then I can find lunch and head to Manchac Park for the training.

Last edited:

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    would love to but have to be at work for 1200. have fun!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Class started at approx 1pm with 5 students attending. Class was interupted by monsoon like rain at approx 2:30. Paul covered quite a bit in the 90 minutes he had.
    My personal thanks for Paul giving the class. Thanks to everyone else who came out and braved the storm.
    Group photo below.
    pgclassa.jpg

During the class I mentioned MOAB trainng which I attended this week. I made a post on the subject and posted it at-
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=504179&posted=1#post504179

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Dammit I wish I would have checked the Shooters last night instead of going out with that boring chick, I would have definelty attended this instead of buying groceries at wally world.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Class started at approx 1pm with 5 students attending. Class was interupted by monsoon like rain at approx 2:30. Paul covered quite a bit in the 90 minutes he had.
    My personal thanks for Paul giving the class. Thanks to everyone else who came out and braved the storm.
    Group photo below.
    pgclassa.jpg

During the class I mentioned MOAB trainng which I attended this week. I made a post on the subject and posted it at-
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=504179&posted=1#post504179

So who's who in the picture?:)

Top Bottom