Argentine Group Buy SHARE your PLANS!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    No TL, wasn't thinking about it, the slings are really too cheap now and I doubt they would cut that price, and then trying to get $20 slings to their respectiful owners would end up costing more than shipping.

IF you hurry you still have time to grab a few before they run out.

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Just unpacked my two sarco ARGY slings as pictured above, BRAND NEW! LOOKS GREAT! I was also able to nabb a few Enfield Nylon Slings as well for a few other FALS I have that have been in need of such a sling. Guys if you plan on using the period correct ARGY sling I would highly recommend you get them ordered QUICK! These don't come easy, and new unissued are just about impossible!!

KT

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I'm betting they are the slings that came with the kits.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I'm betting they are the slings that came with the kits.

I don't think so, these are still packaged and rolled up, they do not appear to have ever been strung thru the eyelets, just like the one I was given a few weeks back from a FALFILES member.....but ya never know I guess, but like in the other post about the Flash Hiders, the kits do not come with Slings or FH's???? Figure that out?

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I am going to order a few slings, the shipping is $15 for 4 I need 2 I will have 2 spare and could add more.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Any of the kits coming with Para cuts?

Is this the http://e-sarcoinc.com/falbayonet-1.aspx bayonet for the Argy? and what Mags work? any Metric Fal?

Yes, the lowers have the internal para cuts on the recoil plates, the metal (lower)receiver tang will have to be removed.The recoil spring tube will also have to be removed and an internal nut installed, these can be purchased from Falcon arms or DSA.

Yes, that bayonet should work fine with the Argy FH, Imbel or even the Belgian.

And yes, the metric mags are what you will need as well!

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    What are your plans as far as building your ARGY? Do you plan on using someone here locally? Are you going to try and get in a Build party, OR are you planning to send your kits to a more reputable builder? If the last is your choice, I would highly recommend Johnny "MOSES" Glover. I am working on a direct contact with him now, IF any of you wish to go this route.

Johnny also does quite a bit custom work, and has quite a line of FAL Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brakes, and combo devices.
    Not sure if you have read the other post or not, BUT the Sarco ARGY kits do NOT come with a muzzle device, so you will need to first decide which one you will use, I would recommend one either from Johnny or anyone such as DSA that makes the muzzle device in house! That's one less USA part you need.

Johnny can ALSO take care of the "NOSE CONE" work on your upper receiver for those going with a Para Build!

OK that was just my .02 for the day! :cheers:

Johnny's e-mail gjohnnygun@yahoo.com If you contact Johnny, let me know kajuntriton sent you his direction!!!! OR contact me and I will gladly get you hooked up with Johnny. Here also is his website if needed http://www.cmparmory.com/

Also a note from Johnny..... I will build on DSA, Coonan, Imbel (Imbels are great receivers) and Entreprise receivers too but no guarantee on the Entreprise builds.
    Thanks for helping with the band votes.

KT

Last edited:

jester1787

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    I wish i would have seen the thing about the slings sooner.

Anyway, i plan on building mine eventually, but not right now. When i do, i will probably go the para route. One of the paras that kajun posted a while back, i believe is was one of the DS arms, is the one that got me wanting a FAL

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I wish i would have seen the thing about the slings sooner.

Jester I just checked and they are no longer posted on the site. I will contact MGDAVE and see if they may have another box or two stashed in the back. Would anyone else care for one? I will try and get as many as he will allow if there is enough intrest......

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well I have been asked by quite a few people if I plan on getting Coonan receivers to complete my ARGY builds or if I was planning on waiting for a FMAP Rosario receiver. Well my reply is I am waiting to try and find a FMAP Argentine receiver. One thing you do have to realize is that these receivers will run into the $600 to $800 range for the non-blemished quality receivers. BUT just incase you are wanting one and want one now....well here you go! I have cocked and locked on this one a few times but just could not pull the trigger! I thought maybe someone here would have deeper pockets than I currently have and would like to make a pretty good score!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=179459437

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well here are my Plans for my ARGY KIT!
    I decided to go with the DSA Para Stock; I placed an order today for all required parts. Thanks to L/FN for helping me out with a folding inch charging handle. This ARGY will be built on a Coonan type I w/chc receiver. Moses will be removing the rear tang on the lower and also making type I cuts into the lower as well. He will also be making the Para nose cone cut into the coonan receiver and cutting it to accept the 3rd cross bar/hammer catch. This will be a type I Argy Para! I am also thinking about changing the horizontal breakdown lever to a vertical. This will have the DSA Belgian Short Flash hider with the serrations on the front end removed, and the blank adapter threads bored thru. This will be completed by TCustomsllc.com
    I am sure this post will slip down into the dungeon for a few weeks but as the time draws near I will suck it back up to the top with pics and range reports.
    I did dismantle my Argy kit to the bare bones needed for this build and the barrel and the rest of the un-used parts will be secure for later projects I am sure!
    It will be cool to have a standard Argy rifle as well as a Para Argy resting beside it while at the range!

So there's my ARGY PLANS!
    More to come later!

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Here is a pic of some ARMSCORP Argy riFAL's! I guess this is some good idea platforms for the ARGY kits you guys have.

KT

scan000212.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom