McChrystal stripped of command

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd go crazy with the criticism now if I were him.

"I won't tolerate division", said Obama (not in the article). Well, if he weren't using the Constitution as toilet paper, something the general swore to defend, there wouldn't be division.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow- what a surprise.

Now you have to wonder what effects this will have on the upcoming offensive they had planned....

The Narcissist-In-Chief has once again done us proud.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The General is a PATRIOT who chose to put his Country above his military career.

He should be in the Senate. Or, in the Oval Office.

leVieux

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The General is a PATRIOT who chose to put his Country above his military career.

He should be in the Senate. Or, in the Oval Office.

leVieux

Whoooooa there. He did vote for Obama, so I wouldn't be too quick to elect him.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    No big supprise, that arrogant SOB can't take any criticisim.

That's a BS response.

So if you have criticism for your boss, do you talk to you boss or tell the press about it? What would you have done to you? You don't treat people that way.

McChrystal screwed up and unfortunately is going to pay the price for that screw up. Even if he is right (I think he is), he did not handle it appropriately. Hopefully, his sacrifice will pay off for the troops by putting the correct light on Obama's inability to lead this country when it's needed.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    That's a BS response.

So if you have criticism for your boss, do you talk to you boss or tell the press about it? What would you have done to you? You don't treat people that way.

McChrystal screwed up and unfortunately is going to pay the price for that screw up. Even if he is right (I think he is), he did not handle it appropriately. Hopefully, his sacrifice will pay off for the troops by putting the correct light on Obama's inability to lead this country when it's needed.

Who says he didn't talk to Obama? Do you honestly think he would listen?

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    McChrystal did offer his resignation first. I wish McChrystal would have said,
    you want my resignation? No, you can fire me.
    I do hope he speaks even more candidly about his thoughts. I don't agree with the wars in Afghanistan or Iraqi but he was a good general and not a kiss ass. Same problem (if you want to call it that) that Patton had.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's a BS response.

Obama is a little different than a boss. McChrystal serves the US, not Obama, and Obama is supposed to be accountable to us.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That's a BS response.

Agreed on that. You don't run your mouth about your boss or his staff and get away with it. He did this to himself and the President is right to replace him. I think we've all had a boss we think is an idiot or does stupid things but you keep that to yourself if you want to keep your job. I really can't imagine why he would say all of these things to Rolling Stone.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Regardless of how he went about doing what he did, I believe the majority of people in the military believe what he said to be the truth. The Obama Team is in way over their heads, people- from almost every angle.

Now everyone knows what happens when a community organizer from Chicago is installed as the leader of the U.S. Military, and the free world.

The "Feel-Good Story of the Century" party ended a long, long time ago.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Just my $.02, but I think that allegiance to country, Constitution, and defense against all enemies foreign and domestic trumps blind servitude to the POTUS. (Or in this case, TOTUS [Teleprompter Of The US]).

McChrystal's blatant honesty should help further expose 0sama for the incompetent, anti-American fool that he is.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Just my $.02, but I think that allegiance to country, Constitution, and defense against all enemies foreign and domestic trumps blind servitude to the POTUS. (Or in this case, TOTUS [Teleprompter Of The US]).

McChrystal's blatant honesty should help further expose 0sama for the incompetent, anti-American fool that he is.

Then he should have quit and then opened his mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rb24
    Top Bottom