Another gun / church rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Amazing this guy would even sign this, if anybody round here knows Eric shake him up to wake him up

Lake Charles American Press
    6 27 10

From a very young age, myself, as well as my siblings, were taught about Jesus Christ, religion, and what ‘‘faith’’ is all about. I recall my mother always saying that we should ‘‘walk by faith and not by sight.’’ That simple phrase meant one thing then and still means the same today: that we should put all our trust and faith in Jesus Christ and not in man.
    That said, I’m writing in response to a June 18 article that appeared in the American Press headlined ‘’Guns in church bill headed to Jindal.’’ I read the article several times; the more I read it the more ridiculous it sounded.
    For those of you that may not be aware, Rep. Henry Burns, RHaughton, proposed the bill allowing concealed weapons inside some houses of worship in Louisiana. The state House of Representatives gave final approval with a 64-26 vote, sending the bill to Jindal’s desk, who by the way supports it, to be signed into law.
    It was stated that whichever church, synagogues, mosques, etc. that chooses to allow concealed weapons will need to let the congregations know of their decision (wow). In their infinite wisdom or I should say, their significant lack thereof, anyone who wants to carry a gun must take an extra eight hours of tactical training each year. That’s amazing to me because our armed forces get training all the time, but we still hear of friendly fire incidents. Police forces all over the country get training, yet a 7-year-old girl in Chicago lost her life from police fire. I can’t leave out Plaxico Burris whom I'm sure can't wait to move to Louisiana and find a new church home, after he does his two-year stint for shooting himself in the leg after carrying his concealed weapon.
    The point I’m trying to make is simple: Everyone that carries a gun into church or that intend to really should never ever consider doing such a thing. The clowns that support this bill say it can be a deterrent against criminal activity in church and will give ministers, pastors, etc. an option to incorporate guns into their security plans. If the churches were run today like God wanted them to be run, a place of worship, and not like some Wall Street financial firm then security wouldn’t be an issue.
    As human beings we all get thoughts in our heads from time to time that really should stay in our heads, and never be spoken. This truly is one of those times. If a religious leader, pastor, priest, whoever thinks that it’s all right for members to carry guns in church, maybe they should find another line of work. If they think it’s OK, then they are faithless leaders and are just as lost as the congregation they minister to.
    What have we become as a people, when our so-called state law makers and governor are supportive of such foolishness? This country and this state were built on religious morals and for years the powers that be have been trying to remove God at every turn. Taking or banning prayer from schools, removing prayer from meeting agendas, courthouse buildings etc., basically undermining everything that God stands for. I can’t speak for everyone but as far as my house and I are concerned, we’re going to do ‘‘thus saith the Lord.’’ I can only hope and pray that others aren’t taken by some gun-toting, no-faith, church-going wannabe that thinks they know what’s best for everyone. What a joke; if this wasn’t so stupid it might be funny. It’s not smart to have God upset with you. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    ERIC DOSHIER
    Lake Charles

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    head_in_sand.jpg

Top Bottom