NRA Shoots Down Approval Of Kagan Confirmation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    The National Rifle Association is opposing Elena Kagan's nomination to the Supreme Court and warning senators that it will take their votes into account when considering endorsing their re-election.

In a letter sent to leading senators Thursday, top NRA officials say Kagan has "repeatedly demonstrated a clear hostility" to gun rights in her career in government and academia.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/elena.kagan.confirmation.2.1783230.html

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    A Vote for Kagan Is a Vote to Take Away Your Guns

As the number of President Obama's judicial appointments and nominations continues to grow, it appears pretty clear that he does not care about the individual's right to self-defense. We can tell this by looking at the record of his two Supreme Court picks but also by examining the long list of lower-level judicial appointments. All of these reflect a pattern of favoring person who have written anti-gun opinions.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010...sotomayor-gun-ownernship-self-defense-second/

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They'll confirm almost certainly. It's no surprise the President's stance on guns. Just be glad he isn't a rabid anti-gunner a la Bloomberg and Daley. For all the hype and worry we had right after the election he has yet to do anything major. Even Pelosi says there is no appetite for a new gun ban. I'm not saying be anything less than diligent and always aware. Just be glad for this small blessing so far. Molon Labe!

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Just be glad he isn't a rabid anti-gunner a la Bloomberg and Daley.
    Oh, he is. He's just hasn't been able to get to it yet, with the (unexpected in his view) long fight over government health care, et al.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anti-gun is one of the many problems we'll have with this bitch. Controlling what we eat? Well, at least from the looks of her, we won't starve.

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    At least the NRA is doing something right for a change.

Heres a few of Kagan's views I found... this really deserves its own thread but i'm lazy.

Free Speech: “The government can restrict speech if it believes that speech might incite others to do harm. Hate speech would fall into this category of redistribution of speech.”

Gun Rights: “I am not sympathetic with the Supreme Court’s ruling that carrying handguns is constitutional.”

Executive Power: “A strong Executive Branch with control over agencies and regulatory bodies is crucial in order for a President to achieve his or her platform.”

Abortion: “Partial birth abortion is the most appropriate procedure to save the life and preserve the health of a woman.”

Gay Rights: “The US Military’s discrimination against gays is a profound wrong—a moral injustice of the first order.”

Immigration Rights: Kagan has asked the Supreme Court to overturn a 2007 Arizona anti-immigration law which revokes the licenses of Arizona businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At least the NRA is doing something right for a change.

Heres a few of Kagan's views I found... this really deserves its own thread but i'm lazy.

Free Speech: “The government can restrict speech if it believes that speech might incite others to do harm. Hate speech would fall into this category of redistribution of speech.”

Gun Rights: “I am not sympathetic with the Supreme Court’s ruling that carrying handguns is constitutional.”

Executive Power: “A strong Executive Branch with control over agencies and regulatory bodies is crucial in order for a President to achieve his or her platform.”

Abortion: “Partial birth abortion is the most appropriate procedure to save the life and preserve the health of a woman.”

Gay Rights: “The US Military’s discrimination against gays is a profound wrong—a moral injustice of the first order.”

Immigration Rights: Kagan has asked the Supreme Court to overturn a 2007 Arizona anti-immigration law which revokes the licenses of Arizona businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants.
    I'm not at all surprised. She's a Marxist.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Obammay is not worried about our guns........ours won't even be in the equation of what his handlers are planning

Whatever your take on this take over of we the people, it should include this " do what ya gotta do NOW, times is really short, win now or loose big

Campaign, protest, flip flop fly......but do it now, if this stooge goes past 1 term it will tell a story we do not want to hear

Can we beat "them" at the polls ?? I don't know, but I will be found trying

Get er DONE

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obammay is not worried about our guns........ours won't even be in the equation of what his handlers are planning

Whatever your take on this take over of we the people, it should include this " do what ya gotta do NOW, times is really short, win now or loose big

Campaign, protest, flip flop fly......but do it now, if this stooge goes past 1 term it will tell a story we do not want to hear

Can we beat "them" at the polls ?? I don't know, but I will be found trying

Get er DONE
    The factions of the NWO are powerful enough to wreck the nation with ANY candidate. The important thing (and opportunity) is to back someone who professes to want to do something different like Obama tried to do with the troops in Afghanistan. McChrystal and the media torpedoed that one. Of course, many armchair commandos were already convinced that "A-rabs are de debil"...

Bush never made an attempt to disagree with his handlers and neither has McCain. I don't trust "the woman from Alaska" and I've not seen anyone else with the grassroots support Obama seemed to garner.

REGARDLESS OF WHO IS IN OFFICE (Obama, me, you, Snoopy) WE NEED TO CONTINUALLY WRITE THEM SUPPORTING THEIR FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION TO KEEP THEIR COURAGE HIGH ENOUGH TO CONTINUE.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obama's support is not grassroots. It's ignorance most of the time, racism, or, as Reagan put it, knowing so much that isn't so.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obama's support is not grassroots. It's ignorance most of the time, racism, or, as Reagan put it, knowing so much that isn't so.
    Really? And just how would you describe the support for Bush's little protoges who lost?? Or ANY OTHER CANDIDATE IN THE PAST? NONE OF THEM DID WHAT THEY CLAIMED TO DO...

No, I think it was more than "racism" and "ignorance"; much more so than that. I know I was tired of the last 16 yrs of Brzezinski's foreign policy and terrified of the Orwellian legislation that was forced down our collective throats during that time - especially the last eight. I'm certain I was not the only one. Ron Paul was my choice but he was not on the ballot in several states and few people knew (or know) about him.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The current political climate won't allow for a President with two first names.

Joking aside, that's actually a pretty good summation of how stupid the whole thing is, IMO. None of them do what they campaign about because it's too risky. If someone actually preached change and then went through with it, I think Americans would be so startled that we just had to vote for them again-- despite whatever the results of the change might be.

And this is why I only mildly follow politics. I hate feeling powerless when even voting in the proper places (or getting others to vote) only produces minimal results. It seems the further you go from the local level, the less effective any one candidate can be. We might all see the right path, have a candidate that plans on following it, and succeed in getting them to office. But... then what?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom